To create a category to group the individual meeting items for a meeting.
If the 'Category' meeting view is enabled in your project's Meetings tool, you can create meeting one or more meeting categories. A meeting category gives you the ability to organize your meeting items into logical topics. There is no limit to the number of categories or meeting items that you can create in a meeting. This gives you a flexible way to create an agenda tailored to your specific meeting goals and project needs. Some examples of possible meeting categories include:
- For a pre-construction meeting, you might want to organize meeting items into categories such as: Introductions, Contract Information, Prevailing Wage and Billing Procedures, Background Checks, Permits, and so on.
- For a construction progress meeting, you might want to organize meeting items into categories such as: Preparation Activities, Contractor Progress Statements, Payment Issues, and so on.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- 'Admin' level permission on the project's Meetings tool.
- Additional Information:
- When the 'Category' meeting view is enabled, the system automatically created one (1) category named 'Uncategorized Items'. You can rename that category by typing over the name. To add additional categories to your meeting, use the Steps below.
- You can also grab categories and meeting items by the hamburger (≡) button and use a drag-and-drop operation to position them in the desired order. The system will automatically adjust the categories and meeting items to list in the correct numerical order.
Add a Category to a Meeting
- Navigate to the project's Meetings tool.
The Meeting Agendas/Minutes page appears.
- Locate the desired meeting and place it in edit mode as follows:
- Click Edit.
- Click View and in the page that appears, click Edit.
- Click Edit.
- At the bottom of the page, click Create Category.
The 'Add a Category' window appears.
- Do the following:
- Category Name. Enter a name for the new category. If you choose to leave this blank, the system applies the default name '(edit)' to the new category.
- Click Create.
The system adds a new category to the edit meeting page. A number is assigned to the category in the order it was created.
You can now add a meeting item to the category.
Tip! You can also grab categories and meeting items by the hamburger (≡) button and use a drag-and-drop operation to position them in the desired order. The system will automatically adjust the categories and meeting items to list in the correct numerical order.