For Procore customers in the United States
When your company applies the 'Owners English' or 'Specialty Contractors English' point-of-view dictionary, you'll see different tool names and term changes in the user interface. Learn how to apply the dictionary options.
- To learn the differences: Show/Hide
This table shows the differences in tool names (bold) and terms across the point-of-view dictionaries for Construction Takeoff and Estimating. These dictionaries are available in US English only. The default dictionary is designed for general contractors, which means that you will need to work with your Procore Administrator at your company and your Procore point of contact to access the other dictionary options.
English (United States) - Default
English (Owner Terminology V2)
English (Specialty Contractor Terminology)
Bid Board Portfolio Planning Bid Board Due Date LOI Expiration Date Due Date Estimator Developer Agent Estimator Name Opportunity Name Name Total Sales Feasibility Cost Total Sales
To create a bid proposal from an estimate.
After you have finished your takeoffs and estimate, you can use the information in your estimate to create a proposal. You can decide what estimate information to include in the proposal as well as the level of granularity. You can include cover pages that have been added in your company's Admin settings, as well as customer information if the proposal is for a third party. Lastly, you can use the proposal builder to update the look and feel of your proposal.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions for the Bid Board tool.
- Required User Permissions for the Estimating tool.
- Cover pages and appendix pages must be added as cover pages in the following places:
NoteReview the Project Estimate, Additional Notes, and Summary sections before generating a bid proposal. If there is a need for adjustments, you can update the pricing and costs by changing the appropriate value.
- Navigate to the project's Estimating tool.
Navigate to the company's Bid Board tool and select a project.
- Click the Estimating tab.
- Select the relevant estimate from the drop-down menu on the bottom of the page.
- After thoroughly reviewing the bid estimate, click Show Bid Sheet or click the Bid tab.
A preview of the bid will be generated. This is where you can add or exclude values by selecting the preferred options.
- Under detail settings, select what information you want to include in the proposal.
- Quick Simplification
- Click the toggle ON if you want to show totals by Groups Only or as a Lump Sum.
- Material Details
- Click a toggle ON to show details in the proposal, or OFF to exclude it.
- Summary Details
- Click a toggle ON to show information in the proposal, or OFF to exclude it.
- Select if you want to round your Bid Total and how many decimal places.
- Quick Simplification
- Optional: Click the Proposal Builder toggle ON to edit information directly in the proposal.
- Optional: Under 'Cover and Appendix Pages', select the relevant pages.
Note: You can preview the cover page or appendix page by clicking the open in new tab icon.
- Optional: If sharing with a third party, you can add the customer's information to the bid proposal.
- Under 'Customer Information,' click Add Customer.
- Select from the list of customers in your company's Directory, then click Select.
- Once selected, the customer's name will appear on your bid proposal.
- If a bid contacts are designated in your company's Directory, the bid contact and the company's addressing information are automatically added.
- You can change which bid contact you want to address the bid proposal to by clicking the vertical ellipsis .
- If a bid contact is not automatically added, click Add Contact to select a contact from that company.
Note: After a bid contact is added, the company's addressing information will populate.