To add changes to production quantities in a change event.
For companies using Procore's Project Financials and Resource Management tools with the 'Procore Labor Productivity Cost' budget view, you can log additional production quantities and production hours associated with your change event line items in the 'Production Quantities' tab of a change event.
Let's assume that after your project's budget is locked, the project owner requests a design change that is out of scope with the original design. The change requires additional drywall, so you first create a change event and add a line item to that change event for that drywall. If that change represents a change to production, you will also want to record that change in the 'Production Quantities' tab of the change event.
Once you record the production quantities in the change events, the values are updated in the 'Details' tab of the Change Events tool page. The values are also updated after you create a Prime Contract Change Order (PCCO). However, you must follow these steps: Create a PCCO from a Change Event.
After you have submitted your PCCO to the owner for review, the owner can then approve or reject it. See Approve or Reject Prime Contract Change Orders (PCCOs). When the status of the PCCO changes to 'Approved', the updated production quantities are reflected in the 'Procore Labor Productivity Cost' budget view and the Field Production Report.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Standard' or higher on the project's Change Events tool.
For production quantities to interact with labor productivity tracking feature, you must:
- Navigate to the project's Change Events tool.
- Locate the change event that you want to work with.
- Click View.
- Click the Production Quantities tab.
- Click Add Line.
- Sub Job
Select a sub job from the drop-down list.
Notes: This list is only visible and available when:
- Cost Code
Select a cost code from the drop-down list.
Enter a description about the production quantity change. For example: Additional drywall
- Unit Qty
Enter a numeric value in this box to indicate the number of units that correspond to the unit of measurement that you specify. Always enter the amount that represents the change to the production quantity.
- Unit of Measure (UOM)
Verify the unit of measure from the drop-down list. To learn about the default selections in this list, see Which units of measurement (UOM) are included in Procore's master list? and Add a Unit of Measure to the Unit of Measure Master List.
With the 'Procore Labor Productivity Cost' budget view and Field Production Report, production quantities (including the UOM, hours) are automatically updated for cost codes with corresponding line items in the project's Budget tool. To ensure production quantities are carried over to the project's budget, do the following:
- If the 1-tier change order setting is enabled in the Prime Contracts tool, follow the steps in Create a Prime Contract Change Order from a Change Event.
- If the 2-tier change order setting is enabledin the Prime Contracts tool, follow the steps in Create a Prime PCO from a Change Event. Then, follow the steps in Create a Prime Contract Change Order from a Change Event.
- If the 3-tier change order setting is enabled in the Prime Contracts tool, follow the steps in Create a Prime PCO from a Change Event and Create a Change Order Request (COR). Then follow the steps in Create a Prime Contract Change Order from a Change Event.
- After creating the PCCO, you can submit it to the project owner for review. The quantities are updated in the budget view and Field Production Report after the PCCO is set to the 'Approved' status. See Approve or Reject Prime Contract Change Orders (PCCOs).
To learn more, see Set Up the Procore Labor Productivity Cost Budget View and Set Up a Field Production Report.
- Sub Job
- Click Save.