To take a snapshot of the current budget.
If you are responsible for maintaining a project's budget in Procore, it's helpful to keep a record of your budget as it changes over time. The Budget Snapshot feature allows you to create a snapshot of the budget in its current state. For example, you might want to create a budget snapshot at the end of each month or after you update your forecast. This way, you can always look back at an older version of your budget to analyze various changes and see how and why a budget was changed during the course of a project. Budget snapshots are also useful for forecasting and reporting purposes. For example, if you notice that the forecasted "Projected Over/Under" amount changes unexpectedly between two snapshots, you now have a means of performing a more detailed comparative analysis to determine the actual reason for the change.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission: 'Standard' or 'Admin' on the project's Budget tool to create a snapshot. 'Read-Only' or above on the project's Budget tool to view a snapshot.
- Budget snapshots are created manually, on-demand; you cannot create an automated recurring snapshot.
- It's recommended that you develop a logical naming convention for naming each snapshot. (e.g. Nov-15, 8/1/2015, etc.)
Note: You don't have to list the date since the day and time are stamped automatically on each snapshot.
- Navigate to the project's Budget tab.
- Click the + Create Snapshot button in the right pane.
- Enter in the following information:
- Name: Enter in the name of the snapshot.
- View: Select which view you want to take a snapshot of.
- Description: Enter a description of the snapshot.
- Click Create.
- You will see a banner informing you that the snapshot has been created. Click View Snapshot Data to view the snapshot that you just created.
Note: The snapshot is saving all the data so it may take a while to finish saving, but the user can continue to work in the budget while the snapshot is being saved.
You will also be able to view the snapshot by selecting it under the Snapshots drop-down menu. The Snapshots drop-down will only show snapshots related to the View that is selected in the View drop-down menu. To access Snapshots for other views, select the view first, which will update the snapshots available in the Snapshots drop-down.