IMPORTANT! In order to protect the integrity of your company’s data, Procore Employees are restricted from modifying the data that clients submit in all Procore Import Templates. This restriction applies to all data modifications, including correcting typographical errors. If Procore determines that errors are present in any Procore Import Template that you submit to Procore, it will be returned to you for correction. Please note that the import process may take up to 72 hours to process.
To submit a request for Procore to perform a segment item import for your company's or project's Work Breakdown Structure.
With Procore's Work Breakdown Structure, clients can self-perform the segment item import process using the Procore Imports app. If you do not have a computer system on which you can install Procore Imports (For a list of things to consider, see Procore Imports: Setup Guide), a user with the "Required User Permissions" detailed below can submit a request to have Procore perform the data import for you.
Below are examples of the types of segment items that you can request to import:
- Cost codes are segment items on the 'Cost Code' segment.
- Cost types are segment items on the 'Cost Type' segment.
- Sub jobs are segment items on the optional 'Sub Job' segment.
If you have created a custom segment (such as Phase, Location, Area, and so on), you can request to import segment items to those segments as well. To learn more about segments, see What are segments and segment items?
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- To request a segment item import for a project, 'Admin' level permissions on the project's Admin tool.
- To request a segment import for your company, 'Admin' level permissions on the company's Admin tool.
- Additional Information:
- The import process can be used to add or edit segment items. However, it cannot be used to delete any existing segment items.
- Determine the segment for which you want to import segment items:
What's the difference between a segment and segment item? To learn about the differences, see What is the difference between a flat and tiered segment in Procore's WBS?
- Cost Code
This is one of Procore's default segments. It is a tiered segment.
- Cost Type
This is one of Procore's default segments. It is a flat segment.
- Sub Job
This is an optional segment for use with your Project level Work Breakdown Structure. It is a flat segment. It must be enabled by your company's Procore Administrator. See Enable Sub Jobs for WBS
With Work Breakdown Structure, you can create an unlimited number of flat or tiered custom segments. See What custom segments should we create for our company's Work Breakdown Structure?
- Cost Code
- Compose an email message as follows:
When sending an email request, include the following information in your message:
- In your email's 'Subject' line, include your company name, company ID, project name, and project ID. See How do I find the project ID?
- Indicate whether you are requesting to import a flat segment, a tiered segment, or both. There are separate import templates for flat segments and tiered segments. See What is the difference between a flat and tiered segment in Procore's WBS?
- Indicate whether you want to import the segment items to your Company or Project level Work Breakdown Structure.
- Send your email to: email@example.com
- A member of the Procore Imports Team wil contact you with any questions about your request.
- A member of the Procore Imports Team will also contact you when the import is complete.
- Once complete, verify that your data appears as expected in Procore.