To change a project's status using the Project level Admin tool.
A Procore project in your company's Procore account can be placed in one (1) of two (2) statuses:
- Active. Indicates the project is in-progress and in an active state. Project actions for administrators and end users are available. This is the default state of a new Procore project.
- Inactive. Indicates the project is NOT active. Use this status to indicate that work on the project has been temporarily or permanently suspended. Inactive projects are not visible by default in the company's Portfolio tool, but they can still be viewed. See View Inactive Projects in the Company Portfolio.
Note: Users with the appropriate permissions to the project's Procore tools can also make changes to inactive projects.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' on the project's Admin tool.
- Additional Information:
- When you create a project in Procore (see Create a New Project), the system places it in the 'Active' status by default.
- When a project is inactive:
- Automatic overdue email notifications will no longer be sent for the following tools: Observations, Punch List, RFIs, Submittals, and Tasks.
- Overdue notifications will still be sent (if applicable) for the following: RFQs, Workflows, and Custom Tools.
- The inactive project will not appear as an option in the Company Reports tool's custom reports, or as an option to extract data from in the Procore Extracts application (i.e. the project will need to be set back to 'Active').
- If you are unable to set the project to Inactive, see Why can't I create or activate Procore projects?
- Navigate to the project's Admin tool.
- Make sure the General page is selected.
- Under Project Information, locate the Active or Inactive toggle.
- Click the toggle to the ON position to set the project to Active.
Click the toggle to the OFF position to set the project to Inactive.
- Click Update.