To edit the information that appears on the landing page of one of the programs in the company.
A project is a construction effort with a defined start and end date with specific goals and objectives that, when obtained, signify completion of the project. A program is a group of related constructions projects that provide your organization with benefits from managing projects as a group, over managing projects individually. There are countless ways to organize your company's projects into programs, such as:
- Region. For example, you might create programs for the four (4) regions of the U.S., such as 'Northeast', 'Midwest', 'South', and 'West.'
- Sector. For example, you might create programs for the different construction sectors, such as 'Buildings', 'Infrastructure', and 'Industrial.'
- Project Management. For example, you might create programs for 'Internal Projects' and 'External Projects'.
After creating a new program (see Add Programs), use the steps below to add the program's details.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- 'Admin' level permissions on the company's Admin tool.
- Additional Information:
- To see which projects are assigned to the program, click the "+" icon to the right of the program name.
- Navigate to the company's Admin tool.
This reveals the Company Settings page.
- In the right pane under 'Administrative Settings', click Project Settings.
This opens the Project Settings page, which contains the Programs list.
- Scroll down to the section called '<Your Company Name> Programs' section.
- Click Edit next to the program you would like to edit.
- Complete all relevant program information. The screenshot below highlights where different fields of information will be displayed the program's homepage.
- Name: The title that you put into this field will appear at the top of the page in the Program's landing page, as well as on the Programs tool's landing page.
- River Gauge Enabled?: If your project requires river gauge to help you determine the height of a river or body of water near your project, mark the checkbox next to "River Gauge Enabled?"
- River Gauge Link: Post an external link to your project's river gauge report. If you do not have a report, you can post the XML feed instead. (See below)
- River Gauge XML Feed: Post an external link to view the raw XML output. (e.g. http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/hydro...dm7&output=xml)
- Photo: Upload a photo to appear on the Programs tab.
- Logo: Upload a logo for the program, if applicable. Similarly, you can also upload and use your company's logo instead. (Note: The logo must be in one of the following file formats: .png, .pdf, .jpg, .gif)
- Location: Add the location of the program. You may add more than one location, if applicable.
- Website: If your company or program has a related website, you can add a helpful hyperlink, which will appear under the program's location information.
- Latitude/Longitude: The retrieved weather information is based upon the program's specified latitude and longitude coordinates. Add the latitude and longitude coordinates here. (e.g. 34.3)
- Zip: Include the zip code that should be associated with the program.
- Attachments: Attach any files that apply to every project in the program.
- Projects in the Program: Click the links to view the projects within the program. See Add Projects to a Program.
- iFrame URL: Enter the URL of a website that you would like to appear on the program's homepage in an iFrame. For example, you may want to add a link to a live webcam feed, web portal, map view, aerial view, etc.) (What is an iFrame?)
- iFrame Height: Specify the height (in pixels) of the iFrame URL that you would like to appear on the Programs tab. The example screenshot above shows an iFrame that uses the default height (500px), which you can use as a reference for customizing the desired size.
- Textarea 1 and Textarea 2: Use these freeform text fields to add any additional details or notes.
- Click Save when you're done updating your information.
- Repeat the steps above for additional programs.