This announcement represents a single point in time. Future releases may impact the information below.
Beta Released: July 30, 2022
Create Custom Fields for Use with Single-Tier Change Orders
Procore has added the ability to create custom fields in the Company level Admin tool for commitment change orders and prime contract change orders. These fields function like other custom fields in Procore and can be included in the Company and Project level Reports tools. See What are custom fields and which Procore tools support them?
Users with 'Admin' level permissions on the Company Admin tool can create or edit custom fields by clicking the 'Contracts' link under 'Tool Settings' in the Company Admin tool. You can then use the create or edit controls on the Custom Fields tab to create fields. After creating the fields you want, you must add them to a configurable fieldset. For step-by-step instructions, see:
- Create New Custom Fields or Edit Custom Fields.
- Create New Configurable Fieldsets or Edit Configurable Fieldsets
- Custom fields must have unique names.
- You can add one fieldset per tool:
- One (1) fieldset for use with change orders on the Commitments tool.
- One (1) fieldset for use with change orders on the Prime Contracts tool.
- Currently, each change order fieldset can have a maximum of 10 custom fields.
- Custom fields can be removed from configurable fieldsets, but this action does NOT remove the data associated with that field.
- Custom fields are available via Procore's API (Read/Write) and custom reporting at the Company and Project level.
- Custom fields for the Change Orders fieldset are reportable in Procore Analytics.
Please be aware of the following limitations with this custom fields release:
- Custom fields are NOT currently supported in the Procore API or in Custom Reporting. However, they are expected to be announced in a future release.
- If you have engaged the Procore Custom Solutions team to create a custom form for your single-tier commitments or prime contracts, your company's Procore Administrator must engage the Custom Solutions team to make the corresponding updates on your custom PDFs.
- For the initial release, the Change Orders fieldset is limited to a maximum of 10 custom fields. In the future, additional fields (up to a maximum of 30 custom fields) are expected to be available upon request. Your company's Procore Administrator must request additional fields via an email to your Procore point of contact.
- Create New Custom Fields
- What are custom fields and which Procore tools support them?
- Create New Configurable Fieldsets
- Edit Configurable Fieldsets
If you would like to ask questions or share any feedback, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.