For companies that have integrated Procore with Viewpoint® Vista™, you can import your real-time actual cost data from Viewpoint® Vista™ into Procore's Budget tool. This lets project team's leverage their Viewpoint® Vista™ cost data with the 'Estimated Cost' value in a Procore budget to calculate the budget's 'Estimated Cost at Completion' and 'Forecast to Complete' values. This ability provides your project's accounting team with the complimentary benefit of being able to access Procore's 'Estimated Cost at Completion' values in Viewpoint® Vista™.
To turn on forecasting/projections:
- Navigate to the project Budget tool
- Click on the settings icon.
- Change the following settings:
- Default ERP Budget View: ERP Job Cost Detail Budget
- Designated Estimated Cost at Completion Column: Estimated Cost at Completion
Which data fields are exported?
A Forecasting export will create a JC Cost Projection in Viewpoint® Vista™.
|Exports data from Procore to Viewpoint® Vista™||Imports data from Viewpoint® Vista™ to Procore||
|Vista Job ID||Job ID|
|Cost Type||Cost Type|
|Estimated Cost at Completion||Projected Cost (ProjFinalCost)|
*You can also manually add a Batch Date within the Procore export screen which will export to the Batch Month in Vista for this transaction.
What are the requirements?
- The ERP Integrations tool must be enabled on the company's Procore account. See Request to Enable ERP Integrations for Viewpoint® Vista™.
- The Budget tool must be added to Procore's Project Tools menu. See Add and Remove Project Tools.
- The company's Procore account must be integrated with Viewpoint® Vista™. See Viewpoint® Vista™: Setup Guide.
- The Viewpoint® Vista™ cost data from the original estimate must first be synced with Procore's Budget tool. See Integration by Ryvit: Import an Original Estimate from Viewpoint® Vista™.
- The imported data and the 'Estimated Cost to Completion' value in Procore can then use Procore's 'Forecast to Complete' options to calculate the values to export to the integrated Viewpoint® Vista™ system. To learn how cost forecasting works in Procore, see Use the 'Forecast to Complete' Feature.
- When exporting forecast information for a project, ALL of the budget views that include ERP source columns on your integrated projects must be set to use the same calculations shown above for the 'Forecast to Complete' and 'Estimated Cost at Completion' columns. If not, it is possible that the export will send incorrect or unexpected values to Viewpoint® Vista™. To learn more about setting up budget views, see Set up a New Budget View.
- If there are no other updates to send, you can trigger the Re-send to ERP button on the Budget by entering a $0.00 Budget Modification which can be backed out after the export if needed.