When using Procore's mobile application at a job site, there may be factors that limit your network connectivity (i.e. WiFi or cellular service). In such situations, you may wonder which features of Procore's mobile application are available in offline mode.
You can still use many features of Procore's mobile application in offline mode (when an active network connection is not available on your mobile device). Although using Procore's mobile application in offline mode is very similar to using Procore's mobile in online mode, there are a few things to take into consideration:
- You will only be able to view items in Procore that have been "cached" or recently viewed on your mobile application in online mode.
- Note: "Cached items" are items that were previously viewed and stored on your mobile device.
- Important! Once you're in offline mode, you will not be able to successfully retrieve new project data until a network connection has been reestablished. Therefore, if you know that you will be in a location with limited network connectivity, you should view any assets that you might need in Procore (in online mode) before your device switches to offline mode. In such situations, it's important to prepare your mobile device by downloading all items (i.e. drawings, RFIs, punch list items, inspections, etc.) that you'll need in offline mode. Simply viewing an asset once in online mode is sufficient for being able to view that item again in offline mode.
- Procore's mobile applications (iOS and Android) have offline capabilities regardless of whether you're using the application on a tablet or smartphone.
- If you delete Procore's mobile application from your phone, you will lose your "cached" items.
- Any actions that you perform in the mobile application in offline mode will not be pushed to Procore until a network connections is reestablished. Once the mobile application is able to sync with Procore (in online mode) all project data will become synchronized and available to all users on the project. For example, created punch list items will appear in Procore's web and mobile applications for all users.
Which actions can I perform in offline mode?
For a full list of actions you can perform in offline mode, please see the User Permission Matrix - Mobile