To delete specification revisions from the Project level Specifications tool.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions: 'Admin' level permissions on the Specifications tool.
- Unlike other files in Procore, when you delete a specification from your project, it is permanently deleted from Procore in order to protect your current set of specifications from being overwritten with an older revision that could have otherwise been retrieved from the Recycle Bin.
- To maintain the validity of your data, you cannot delete spec sections that are currently linked to items in Procore, specifically in the "Spec Section" field of that item. Before you can delete a spec section you must first remove any reference links to the spec section.
- Click View in the "Related Item Link" column.
- Click Edit on the item view page.
- Click the drop-down menu next to "Spec Section."
- Edit the spec section to be "None" or the appropriate spec section.
- Click Update at the bottom of the page.
- Return to the project's Specifications tool.
- Follow the steps below.
- Navigate to the project's Specifications tool.
- Search and Filter for the specifications you wish to delete, or select the sections from your current log view.
Note: To delete revisions that are NOT in the current set (i.e. old revisions), filter by the set the older revisions were uploaded into.
- Use the checkboxes in the left column to make your selections.
- Select individual spec sheets. (Note: If you select a spec sheet with multiple revisions, only the most recently published revision will be deleted. If a spec sheet does not have a previously published revision (i.e. Rev 0), the whole spec sheet will be deleted.)
- Mark the checkbox next to a division to select all spec sections of that division.
- Mark the checkbox in the table's header to select all specifications in the set.
- Click the orange Delete Spec Section Revisions to delete the selected items.
- Confirm that you would like to permanently delete the spec section. The Specifications log page will now show the current specifications log with the most recently uploaded revision for all spec sheets.