To update the advanced configuration settings for the Project level Home page.
If you've been designated to act as a project administrator for a Procore project, you might find it helpful to customize the project's Home page. To do this, users with 'Admin' level permissions to the Project level Home tool you will have access to the Configure Project Home Settings link. From the Project Home Settings configuration page, you can update all of your project's general information, you can also choose which tabs to activate for project users. In addition, you can upload a project logo, as well as specify general information about your project (e.g. office addresses, project stages and types, etc.).
- Navigate to the project's Home page.
- In the right pane, click the Configure Project Home Settings link.
- In the right pane, click one of the available links:
- When you make changes to each of the sub tabs, click Update at the bottom of the page to save your settings.
Update the General Settings
Clicking the General Settings link reveals the Project Home Settings page. At the top of the page is the General Project Information area.
Update General Project Information
Below is a description of the fields that you can update in the General Project Information area.
- Project Name. Enter a name for the project.
- Active Project. Current projects should remain "active" during all pre-, active, and post- construction phases. If a project has been completed or construction on the project has ended for some reason, it's recommended that you change its status to "inactive" as a best practice.
- Project ID/Number. I you want to add a project number, enter it here. This ID/number will be added as a prefix in the project drop-down list (e.g., 4725 - Betteravia).
- Project Description. Provide a brief description of the project.
- Square Feet. Enter the estimated square footage of your project or building.
- Job Phone. f your job site has a general phone number that allows anyone to reach the job site, it's recommended that you enter it into this field.
- Job Fax. Enter your job site's general fax number, if applicable.
- Address. Enter the primary job site address for the project here.
- City. Enter the full name of the city of the job site location.
- Country/State. Select the country name and state from the drop-down lists.
- Timezone: Select the job site's time zone. This promotes accurate communication and coordination with the project team.
- ZIP. Enter the five (5) digit ZIP code for the job site location.
- Estimated Start Date. Select the anticipated start date for the project.
- Estimated Completion Date. Select the anticipated completion date for the project.
- Actual Start Date. If you have integrated a third-party project schedule with the Schedule tool, this date will automatically be set for you when you upload the schedule (see Upload a Project Schedule).
- Override Imported Schedule Date. To change the schedule date on the Home page only, mark the checkbox. Then update the Actual Start Date value.
- Projected Finish Date. If you have integrated a third-party project schedule with the Schedule tool, this date will automatically be set for you when you upload the schedule (see Upload a Project Schedule). To change the schedule date on the Home page only, mark the
- Override Imported Schedule Date. To change the schedule date on the Home page only, mark the checkbox. Then update the Project Finish Date value.
Update General Project Settings
Scroll below the General Project Information area to reveal the General Project Settings section.
- Project Stage: Select from the current stage of the construction project. The default stages in Procore are Bidding, Course of Construction, Post-Construction, Pre-Construction, and Warranty. Users with 'Admin' level permissions to the company's Admin tool can also add custom project stages for the company. See Add Custom Project Stages to Your Company.
- Project Type: Select the project's type. In this example, the selections are Civil, Commercial, and Residential. Your project may be different. Users with 'Admin' level permissions to the company's Admin tool can add custom project types. See Create a Custom Project Type.
- Department: Choose a department for classifying this project. Users with 'Admin' level permissions to the company's Admin tool can add custom department names. See Custom Company Departments.
- Office: Choose which office or branch is officially responsible for the project.
- Project Flag: Choose which flag color will be associated with your project.
- Program: Choose which program is associated with your project. Users with 'Admin' level permissions to the company's Admin tool can add custom company programs. See Custom Company Programs.
Update Advanced Project Settings
Scroll below the General Project Settings area to reveal the Advanced Project Settings section.
- Upload Project Logo: Click Choose File then upload a logo or project image. Images cannot exceed 200 x 70 pixels and 3.0 MB. Supported file types include .gif, .jpg, and .png. If you want to replace a project's logo, you can upload another one.
Note: If you do not upload a logo, the parent company's logo will used for the project. After a logo is uploaded, you can only replace it. Should you need to remove a logo from a project, you may send an email request to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Set the Active Tabs for the Project
Under Active Tabs, you can rearrange and activate/deactivate tabs in your Project level navigation bar. See Rearrange the Project Level Navigation Bar.
- To make a tab active in a project, place a check mark in the box that corresponds to the desired tool.
- To inactivate a tab and hide it from a project, remove the check mark from a box.
- To change the position of a tab, select a tab by its grab bar and then drag it into position.
Update the Project Home Settings
In Project Home Settings, you can adjust what is displayed on your projects home dashboard. These settings will be implemented project-wide.
- Show current weather conditions: check this box if you would like to have the current weather conditions on your project's home page.
- Show today's schedule: Check this box if you would like to have today's schedule show up on your project's home page.
- Show project milestone: Check this box if you would like to have your project's milestone show up on your project's home page.
- Project home iFrame title: The iFrame title appears on the left side of the project's Home page.
- Project home iFrame URL: The iFrame URL and picture appears under the iFrame title.
- The Persistent Project Message and Message Title will appear at the top of the project's Home page and will be visible every project user. You can use this message to welcome team members to a project, to publish project announcements, or to announce project milestones. See How do I setup the project message on the Home page?
- Public Notes (visible to non-admins): The notes you enter here display in the 'Notes' column of the Company and Project level Portfolio tool's List page.
Update Project Dates
If a user with 'Admin' level permissions has added custom project dates to Project, you can select project dates for those fields here. To learn how to add project dates for use on projects at the Company level, see Add New Project Dates.
In the right pane, click the Permissions Table link.
Click the symbol to set each user's permission for the project's Home page.
For a list of what users can do at each permission level in Home, see the Permissions Matrix.
In the example screenshot below, the users have been granted 'Read-Only' level permissions.