To create a list of custom project dates for a company account in order to display key project dates and milestones on a project's Home page.
With the company's Admin tool, you can create a list of project dates for various project milestones in your company's account. Then, when configuring the project Home page, you can assign a calendar date to each 'Project Date'. These dates and milestones will then display on the 'Project Dates' area of the Project Home page. This feature keeps your project team members informed of your project's important milestones.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- To create a list of project dates for your company account, 'Admin' level permissions to the company's Admin tool.
- Navigate to the company's Admin tool.
This reveals the Company Settings page.
- Under Administrative Settings, click Project Dates.
This reveals the Project Dates page.
- In the Project Dates page, do the following:
Name. Enter a descriptive label for the project date or milestone. For example, Project Closeout.
Add to Project Dashboard. Mark this checkbox to add the role to the Project Dashboard (a.k.a., Project Home page).
Add [+]. Click the button to add the new value to the list.
- To change the order of list items, grab the item by the hamburger (≡) button and then drag-and-drop it into the desired position.
- To rename a project date name, type over any item in the list. This changes the name on all projects where it's displayed.
- To delete a project date name, click the RED 'x' icon. This removes the project date from all projects where it's displayed.
- Repeat the step above for all the desired project dates.
When you've created all your company's desired project dates, you can continue with Add Project Dates to the Project Home Page.