To add tiered locations to a project using the project's Admin tool.
In Procore, tiered locations give users the ability to link different Procore objects (e.g., Drawings, Documents, RFIs, Submittals, and more) to be linked to specific locations on a job site. This helps project team members to pinpoint the exact location(s) on a job site where a defect was observed, where equipment is to be installed, or where a project change order occurred.
Let's say your project includes the construction of a parking lot, you might want to set up tiered locations as follows: Parking Lot A > Ground Floor > East
Parking Lot A > Ground Floor > West
Parking Lot A > Level Two > East
Parking Lot A > Level Two > West
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Standard' or 'Admin' level permissions depending on the tool you wish to add a multi-tiered location to. Check the User Permissions Matrix to see what permissions you need to edit and create items on the following tools that have custom permissions.
- Supported Procore Tools:
The list details the Procore tools and tasks that include a 'Locations' drop-down list that interacts with the project Admin tool's Locations Manager (a.k.a., tiered locations):
- Custom Tools (custom)
- Daily Log
- Prime Contract
- Punch List
- Additional Information:
- Even if you have permissions to edit or create an item in the above list, your project manager may have turned off the ability to add new locations on the fly. If this is the case, you will not see the orange "Add New Location" button when you go to add a location.
- A location can have a virtually unlimited number of tiers.
- Duplicate location names are not permitted.
- Locations are created on a per-project basis.
- Navigate to the project's Admin tool.
This reveals the General Project Information page.
- In the 'Project Settings' menu, click Locations.
This reveals the Locations page.
- Add a location as follows:
- To add the first tier, click +Add 1st Tier. Then type a name for the location (e.g., Parking Lot A) and click the checkmark or press ENTER (Note: If you make a mistake, you can alternatively click the RED 'x' to remove your entry).
- To add a second tier, click +Add 2nd Tier. Then type a name for the sub-location (e.g., Level Three).
- To add a third tier, click +Add 3rd Tier. Then type a name for the sub-location (e.g., West).
- If you want to continue adding sub-locations, click +Add 4th Tier, +Add 5th Tier, and so on. You can create an unlimited number of tiers.