To generate a QR code for a location using the Project level Admin tool.
You can generate and print a Quick Response (QR) Code for a location. In Procore, a Location QR Code is two-dimensional, machine-readable barcode that contains information about the Location to which it is attached.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- 'Admin' level permissions on the project's Admin tool.
- Compatible Print Formats:
- Avery™ 6460
- Important! A QR code scanner app will not recognize these QR codes. You must scan the QR code with one of Procore's mobile apps to either filter by the location identified in the QR code or create an item in Procore with that location linked. See the following articles for iOS. Click the icons in the top right of the iOS pages to view the related article on another platform.
- Navigate to the project's Admin tool.
The General Project Information page appears.
- Under 'Project Settings' in the right pane, click Locations.
This reveals the Locations page.
- Choose from these options
Bulk print QR codes for multiple locations
- Click the printer button next to the Search for a Location box.
- Search for the locations you want to print.
- Mark the checkbox that corresponds to the locations you want to print.
- Choose to print one QR code per page or 30 QR codes per page (compatible with Avery 6460 label sheet).
- Click Print.
Note: This may open the generated PDF in your browser. Go to File > Print to print it from this page.
Print a QR code for a single tier and/or its sublocations
- Find the location path you want to print.
- Click the vertical ellipsis (⋮).
- Select Print QR from the drop-down menu.
Note: This reveals the Print QR Code window.
- Under the "What to Print" section, choose from these options:
QR Code for [Location] and one for each of its sublocations. Prints a QR code for the selected location and any of its sublocations (e.g. 1st floor, 1st floor > Room 1, 1st floor > Room 2, 1st floor > Men's Bathroom > Stall 2).
- Under the "Format Options" section, choose to print one QR code per page or 30 QR codes per page (compatible with Avery 6460 label sheet).
- Click Print.
Note: This opens a copy of the QR code for the location and/or sublocations in a separate browser window. It also launches your browser's print controls so you can send the codes to your local printer.
Example Sheet with 30 QR codes