To create a custom report that provides a more organized, real-time view of project-specific data. For example, an owner or project manager might want to create a custom report that highlights critical project dates, as well as the name of the key stakeholders.
Before you create a custom report, you may want to first add custom data fields that can be included in your reports. For example, you may want to add a field for highlighting key project dates and roles.
- If you want to include custom project roles (see What are custom project roles?) or custom project dates, create them first:
- Navigate to your company's Portfolio tool.
- Under the "Portfolio Custom Reports" section in the right-hand pane, click the Create New Custom Report text link. (Note: You can also click the Create Custom Report button under the advanced configuration settings by clicking the Configure Settings icon. Then, Custom Reports).
- Enter a name for the custom report. (e.g. Key Dates and Stakeholders)
- Select how you want to group the reports.
- You can group by the following: Program, Stage, Type, and Office Name.
- Once you select a group, your projects will be categorized based on that grouping. (e.g. if you select "Stage", projects will be categorized by the stage that they are currently in, such as, Bidding, Course of Construction, Post-Construction, Pre-Construction, and Warranty.)
- Select which columns of information should be included in the report. Any custom project and role fields will appear (unselected) at the bottom of the list. You'll notice that several other columns, that are displayed in the default list view for projects, are also available and can be displayed in a custom report. Reposition column data by dragging and dropping each field to the desired order.
- Use the various filter options to create more granular and targeted reports. (Note: You can select multiple values for a filter option).
- Click Save.