Also available on
To close a punch list item from your iOS mobile device once all the work for that item has been completed and accepted.
Closing a punch list item is different from marking it as "Resolved" because it signifies that the Punch Item Manger reviewed and verified that the issue was resolved. While Assignees on a punch list item can mark an item as "Ready for Review," only the Final Approver or an 'Admin' level user can close a punch list item.
If you enable a standard user in the configure settings to be selectable as the Punch Item Manager, they can perform any action that a regular Punch Item Manager can, and do not have to be the creator of the punch list item.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission: 'Standard' or 'Admin' level permissions on the project's Punch List tool.
- A 'Standard' level Creator can only close punch list items that they have created when the item's status is in 'Draft,' and 'In Dispute.'
- A 'Standard' level Final Approver can only close punch list items when the item's status is marked as 'Ready to Close.'
- A punch list item's Final Approver has the authority to close the item. You can assign a default Final Approver to your Punch List Templates as well as in your Punch List Configuration Settings. See "Edit a Project Level Punch List Template" and "Configure Advanced Settings: Punch List" in the See Also section below.
- If a default Final Approver has not been set, Procore will automatically list the item's Creator as the Final Approver.
This asset/item can be viewed or edited in offline mode provided that the asset/item was previously viewed and cached on your mobile device.
- Navigate to your project's Punch List tool on your iOS mobile device.
- Tap the item you want to close.
- Swipe from left to right over Slide to Close Item.
This action marks the item as 'Closed.'