To create an RFI from your Android mobile device.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- To create an RFI in the 'Draft' or 'Open' status, a user must have 'Admin' permissions on the project's RFIs tool.
- To create an RFI in the 'Draft' status, a user must have 'Standard' on the project's RFIs tool.
- If the person who creates an RFI has 'Standard' level permission to the RFIs tool, that person must be added to the RFI's Distribution List in order to see the Official Response.
- For more information, see Which data entry fields do I have permission to see when creating an RFI?
- Decide whether or not you want to enable the RFI Prefix by Project Stage Feature. See How do I configure a prefix and starting number for a project's RFIs?
- To save an RFI in the 'Open' status, the following fields are required: Number, Subject, Assignees, Due Date, and Question.
- Duplicate RFI numbers are NOT permitted. See Can I create an RFI with a duplicate number?
- Additional Information:
- To learn about 'Draft' RFIs, see What is a 'Draft' RFI? and Who can view a 'Draft' RFI?
- To learn about the 'Number' field, see How does Procore assign numbers to RFIs?
- To learn about automated email notifications, see When does the RFIs tool send email notifications? and How do I control which emails are sent by Procore during the RFI process?
- To learn about the 'Assignee' field on an RFI, see Who can be designated as an 'Assignee' on an RFI? and Add Assignees to an RFI as an Assignee on an RFI.
- Supported Platforms:
- Procore Web
- Procore for iOS
- Procore for Android
- Procore for Windows
This action can be performed in offline mode (i.e. when an active network connection is not available on your mobile device). Tasks performed in offline mode will be synced with Procore once a network connection has been reestablished.
- Navigate to the project's RFIs tool on your Android device.
- Tap Create New ().
- Tap to enter information into the following fields:
- Subject: Provide a descriptive title for the RFI. The RFI's subject is displayed as the RFI's title in the list view.
- Due Date: Select the date by which you require a response from the 'Assigned To' person. By default, new RFIs are due 3 days from the date of their creation. To change the 'Due Date' field to
- Attachments: Tap one of the following options to add files or photos:
- Choose File:
- Tap the hamburger (≡) button icon to select the location from which you would like to upload a file or photo.
- Tap the file or photo(s) you would like to attach.
- Choose from Procore: Tap to select an existing photo in Procore.
- Tap the Procore album from which you want to add a photo.
- Tap the photo you want to add.
- Tap OK.
- Camera: Tap to take a photo to add to the inspection.
- Position your device's camera and tap the shutter release button to capture the photo.
- Tap Next.
- Optional: Tap the markup icon () to access the markup tool bar and add shapes, lines, and text to the photo.
- Tap Done.
- Choose File:
- Assignee: Tap to assign a project team member who will be responsible for submitting a response to the RFI. This individual will be listed as the 'Ball In Court' person for the RFI.
- RFI Manager. Tap to select an RFI Manager. See What is the RFI Manager role?
- By default, the name of your designated RFI Manager appears here. See Designate the Default RFI Manager for a Project's RFIs.
- If you are a user with 'Admin' level permission, select a user with 'Standard' or 'Admin' level permission from the list.
- If you are a user with 'Standard' level permission, the list only populates with the names of users who have 'Admin' level permission to the RFIs tool.
- Responsible Contractor: Tap to select the contractor responsible for creating the RFI.
- Distribution: Tap to add other relevant users to the RFI's distribution list. Each person on the distribution list can respond via email to the RFI regardless of his or her user permissions on the RFIs tab. Only users with 'Admin' or 'Standard' permissions on the RFIs tab can respond within Procore.
Note: By default, an RFI can only be viewed by the Assigned To person and members of the Distribution list. Procore notifies these users by email when the RFI is created, updated, and when other members submit a response to the RFI. To submit a response to an RFI, members must be granted 'Standard' or 'Admin' level permission to the RFIs tool.
- Schedule Impact: Tap to specify whether or not you think this RFI might impact the current project schedule. If you know the approximate schedule impact, you can write in the number of days. You may also choose 'Yes (Unknown) ' or 'TBD' and add the schedule impact at a later time.
- Cost Impact: Tap to specify whether or not this RFI might impact the project's total cost. If you know the approximate cost impact, you can add an estimated cost. You may also choose 'Yes (Unknown)' or 'TBD' and add the cost impact at a later time.
- Question: Tap to enter your question and any additional background information relevant to the RFI.
- Tap Save.