To upload revisions of existing specifications to a project's Specifications tool.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions: 'Admin' level permissions on the Specifications tool.
- You can only upload PDF (.pdf) files to the Specifications tool.
- If you previously uploaded a division or spec section, Procore recognizes the division and spec section as a match and creates a new revision.
- When you upload a revision of a previously uploaded specification, Procore automatically recognizes the spec section number as a duplicate and marks it as a newer revision of its predecessor.
- Revision numbers automatically increment by one. For example, if you're uploading the first revision of a spec section, the new revision (Rev 1) replaces the original version (Rev 0) in the Submittals log view.
- Navigate to the project's Specifications tool.
- In the right pane, click the Upload Specifications button.
The Upload Specifications window presents the following options:
- File*: Attach the latest specification revision from your computer by clicking Attach file(s) or by dragging and dropping files into the gray box. Select one or more single or multi-page specification PDF(s). If you select a multi-page PDF, Procore automatically splits the PDFs into divisions and sections upon upload.
- Set: Since you are uploading incremental revisions to an existing specification set, select the appropriate specification set in the dropdown picker. See What is a specification set?
- Default Issued Date: (Optional) Specify the date when the revisions were issued by the Design team.
- Default Received Date: (Optional) Specify the date when the revisions were received by the GC.
- Click Process.
- Once the files have been uploaded and processed, click Review Specifications.