To create a custom project report to compare your project's budget snapshots.
You can use Procore's custom report feature to create a custom financial line items reports to compare your project's budget snapshots. A budget snapshot is a picture of your budget in its current state and snapshots can be taken at different times during a project's lifecycle. For example, your project team might take a budget snapshot at the end of each month or after a forecast update. Using budget snapshots lets you analyze how your budget changes over the course of a project and you can enhance that ability by creating a financial line item report to compare your project's budget snapshots.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' on the project's Reports tool.
- For companies NOT using the ERP Integrations tool, complete the steps in Set Up a Budget View for Custom Reporting.
- For companies using the ERP Integrations tool, complete the steps in Set Up a New Budget View for Custom Reporting with ERP Integrations.
To create and run a report with meaningful data:
- Navigate to the project's Reports tool.
- Click Create Report.
- Click Create New Report.
- Do the following:
- Enter Report Name. Type a name for the report. This is a required field.
- Enter Description. Type a description for the report.
- Under Select Tool, expand Financial Line Items and click Configurable Budget Snapshots.
- Use a drag-and-drop motion to add the following source columns into the Configurable Budget Snapshots tab of your new report:
- Budget View
- Budget Snapshot Name
- Budget Snapshot Description (Optional)
- Cost Code
- Cost Type
- Sub Job (Note: This column is only available is the sub jobs feature is enabled. See Enable Sub Jobs).
- (Optional) If you want to add additional columns to your report, drag-and-drop those columns into the report. For example, if you want to compare the 'Projected Over Under' values or 'Revised Budget' values in your snapshots, drag those columns into the report.
- Add a report filter as follows:
- Click the Add Filter menu and select Budget View.
- In the secondary menu that appears, you have these options:
- To include all budget views, click Select All.
- To include one (1) or more budget views, place a checkmark next to the desired budget views.
Note: If you click Clear All, the system removes the checkmark from all selected views. However, you must select at least one (1) view to add this filter to your report.
- Group the report data by clicking the Add Group menu and select one Budget Snapshot Name or Date.
- Click Create Report.
Note: You could create multiple tabs within the same report to compare different columns from different views. For example, one tab could use the Procore Standard Budget view and compare the Projected Over/Under column and second tab could use the Buyout Savings view and compare the Buyout Savings column.