To create customized PDF of an owner invoice using the editing options.
When working with owner invoice's, both the Detail tab and the Configurable PDF tab show the line items include on the invoice. The Configurable PDF tab shows change orders line items that correspond to the prime contract's schedule of values (SOV). It also provides you with several options for grouping line items on your invoice.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' permission on the project's Prime Contracts tool.
- Additional Information:
- If you click the Email Invoice button, only the Detail tab PDF of the Invoice will be sent to recipients, not the Configurable PDF tab.
- Users with Read-Only permissions on the Prime Contracts tool and View Invoice Detail granular permissions can view a Configurable PDF, but not export one.
- Add Groups to a Configurable PDF
- Create Custom Groups for the Add Filters Menu
- Add Custom Groups to a Configurable PDF
- Export a Configurable PDF
Add Groups to a Configurable PDF
- Navigate to the project's Prime Contracts tool.
- Locate the prime contract to edit. Then click View.
- Click the Invoices tab.
- Locate the invoice that you want to customize in the list. Then click View.
- Click the Configurable PDF tab.
As shown below, this tab lists all of the change order line items associated with the selected invoice.
- Click Add Group. Then choose from these options:
Note: You can choose to apply multiple grouping options if you want.
- Sub Job. This option is only available if you have the sub jobs feature enabled in Procore. See Enable Sub Jobs.
- Division. This option groups the invoice's line items by division.
- Cost Code. This option groups your line items by cost code. In this example, both the division and cost code filters have been applied to the invoice's line items.
- Cost Type. This option groups your line items by cost type. In this example, the division, cost code, and cost type filters have been applied to the invoice's line items.
Create a Custom Group for the Add Filters Menu
If you want to add a custom group to the Add Filters menu, follow these steps:
- In the Configurable PDF tab, click the Add Filter box. Then choose Create Group.
- Click Add a Bill Code to add a code to a billing group.
- In the Add Custom Group box a label for the billing group. Then press ENTER.
- Add as many billing groups as you want.
- This will add a new Billing Group column to your invoice's data table on the Configurable PDF tab.
- Click Create Group in the drop-down list.
- In the Enter Bill Code box, type a label for the code. Then press ENTER.
- Add as many billing codes as you want. In this example, we created one
- Billing codes appears as selections in a drop-down list in the invoice's data table on the Configurable PDF tab.
- Repeat these steps until you've added all the billing groups and bill codes you want.
- In this example, we created one billing group and two billing codes.
- Click the Close (X) box on the window.
Add a Custom Group to a Configurable PDF
- In the Configurable PDF tab, click Add Filter and select your new billing group.
This adds a column for your billing group in the data table on the Configurable PDF tab.
- In the Billing Group drop-down menu, select a billing code from the list.
This places the line item into the appropriate group as illustrated below.
Export a Configurable PDF
When you are ready to export your invoice and provide it to an owner, click Export Configurable PDF.
This opens a PDF of the contractor's application for payment. The PDF export file also includes the data table from the Configurable PDF tab.