To add photos to log entries so that you can reference them in both the Daily Log tool and the Photos tool.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Standard' permissions on the project's Daily Log tool to add photos to a log entry.
- 'Admin' permissions on the project's Photos tool to view photos marked as private.
- 'Read Only' and above permissions on the project's Photos tool to view public photos.
- Additional Information:
- If you do not want to use this feature, you may turn off photo aggregation in the Photos configuration page.
- Photos added from the Daily Log tool will be private by default in the Photos tool.
- Photos added as attachments to the Daily Log tool will automatically populate in the Photos tool under an album called "Photos from Daily Log."
- Photos that are linked to Drawings / Daily Log have an "Origin" link on the image that links to the item it was originally attached to. Users with 'None' permissions to the Daily Log tool, but access to the photos in the Daily Log tool will see the origin, but they will not have a link to the item (and vice versa).
- Only the following file types can be uploaded: .jpg, .jpeg, .tif, .tiff, .gif, .png, .x-png, .bmp .
Photos added to the Photos Log section of a Daily Log will NOT be added to the Photos from Daily Log album by default. They will default to the Unclassified album, unless another album is selected when uploading.
Photos added as attachments to other logs, like Manpower, Weather, or Notes Logs, will default to the Photos from Daily Log album unless otherwise specified.
- Navigate to your project's Daily Log tool.
- Scroll to the log that you want to attach a photo to.
- Fill out the fields in the log as necessary.
- Click Attach File(s).
- Use a drag-and-drop operation to attach photos from your computer, or click Upload Files to select them manually.
Click Photos to select photos from a photo album in the project.
- Click Attach File(s) to confirm the attachment of the photo(s).
- Click Create to confirm the entry.
Note: The photo(s) will automatically be added to the selected photo album (e.g. "Photos from Daily Log").