Legacy ContentThis page details the legacy owner invoice experience. A modernized experience is also available.
Limited ReleaseThe Client Contracts tool is available as a limited release for Procore customers in the United States who have implemented the Procore for Specialty Contractors point-of-view dictionary. To learn more, see What tool names and terms are different in Procore for general contractors, owners, and specialty contractors?
To email a GC/Client invoice to a general contractor or client as a request for payment.
If you are a specialty contractor who is managing a construction project in your Procore account, you can send a copy of the Detail tab of the GC invoice to a general contractor or client. Keep in mind that the steps below send only send a PDF copy of the Detail tab. It does NOT send a copy of the Configurable PDF tab.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' level permissions on the project's Client Contracts tool.
- Additional Information:
- You can also navigate to the invoice in the project's Invoicing tool. See Email a GC/Client Invoice from the Client Contracts Tool.
- Navigate to the Project level Invoicing tool.
- Click the Owner tab.
- Locate the invoice to send by email.
- Click the Invoice # link to open it.
- Click the Emails tab.
- Click Compose Email.
This opens the Compose New Email page.
- Complete the following fields:
- Private. Mark this checkbox to make the email private. Private emails are only shared with the recipient(s) and the sender.
- To. Type to search the Project Directory for a list of matching recipient(s).
- CC. Type to search the Project Directory for a list of matching recipient(s) to carbon copy. Your name appears here by default.
- BCC. Type to search the Project Directory for a list of matching recipient(s) to carbon copy.
- Subject. This field will populate with the number of the invoice. The subject line is added automatically. You can change it if you want.
- Message. Type the body of your email message.
- Attachments. Attach any related documents or files.
- Click Send.
A YELLOW 'Communication Created' banner appears to confirm the outgoing message has been created and added to Procore's outgoing email queue.
- A record of your outgoing message is saved in the 'Emails' tab on the invoice.
- Any messages sent to the 'From' address on your outgoing message are automatically saved in the invoice's 'Emails' tab. This provides your message recipients with the convenience to use the reply feature in their email program. It also captures your collaborator's approve or reject responses in writing.