Limited ReleaseThe Client Contracts tool is available as a limited release for Procore customers in the United States who have implemented the Procore for Specialty Contractors point-of-view dictionary. To learn more, see What tool names and terms are different in Procore for general contractors, owners, and specialty contractors?
To update advanced settings for a client contract using the controls in the Client Contracts tool's Advanced Settings tab.
If you are a user with 'Admin' level permissions on the Client Contracts tool, the steps below show you how to edit advanced settings for the project's client contract. This includes choosing an accounting method for the Schedule of Values (SOV), enabling financial markup, GC invoice settings, comments settings, and payment settings. In addition to these Advanced Settings, additional contract configuration settings are on the tool's Configure Settings page. See Configure Settings: Client Contracts.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' level permissions on the project's Client Contracts tool.
- Additional Information:
- Additional contract configuration settings are on the tool's Configure Settings page. See Configure Settings: Client Contracts.
- Navigate to the project's Client Contracts tool.
- Locate the client contract to work with. Then click its Number link.
- Click Advanced Settings.
TipIf your browser window is not in full-screen mode, choose More > Advanced Settings.
- Click Edit.
- Under Schedule of Values Settings, set the following:
- Accounting Method. Select Amount Based or Unit/Qty Based. After you create one or more line items, you cannot modify this setting. See How do I set the accounting method for a contract or funding? for more information on the difference between Amount Based and Unit/Quantity based.
- Under Financial Markup Settings, set the following:
- Enable Financial Markups. Place a checkmark in this box to enable financial markup on Client Contract Change Orders only. For more information, see Add Financial Markup to Client Contract Change Orders.
- Under GC/Client Progress Billing Settings, set the following:
- Enable GC/Client Progress Billings. Place a checkmark in this box to enable GC/Client invoices on the client contract.
- Enable Completed Work Retainage. Place a checkmark in this box to enable work completed work retainage on Client Contract Change Orders.
- Enable Stored Material Retainage. Place a checkmark in this box to enable stored material retainage on Client Contract Change Orders
- Level of Detail to Display on Change Orders. The level of detail that is selected here determines how change orders are displayed on the 'Detail' tab of the GC invoice. This setting affects the invoice in view mode and print mode. See What are the different change order tier settings in Project Financials? You will always enter and edit information at the line item level of detail specified. Select one of the following:
- Client Contract Change Order
- Potential Change Order
- Line items in each Potential Change Order. This is the default setting.
- Approve Subcontractor Progress Billings when GC Approves GC Progress Billing. Place a checkmark in this box so that once a general contractor approves a GC/Client invoice, the subcontractor invoice is also approved. This functionality will only be enabled if GC invoices are prefilled with invoices. To learn how GC invoices are prefilled, see Create a GC/Client Invoice.
- Show Cost Code on PDF. Place a checkmark in this box to show cost codes on the PDF. There is no cost code column in the Configurable PDF tab, but cost codes will show in headers if grouped by cost code.
- Under Comment Settings, set the following:
- Enable Comments. Place a checkmark in this box to see the Comments tab. Only users with 'Admin' level permissions on the Client Contracts tool can leave comments.
- Under Payment Settings, set the following:
- Enable Payments. Place a checkmark in this box to enable payments on the client contract.
- Click Save.