To edit a change order.
If you want to edit a change order, you can use the steps below if your user account has been granted 'Admin' permission on the Change Orders tool. Depending on which tool is associated with the change order (for example, a commitment or prime contract change order), using the steps below will also launch the appropriate tool.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' level permissions on the project's Change Orders tool.
- Additional Information:
- Editing a change order will take you out of the Change Orders tool and redirect you to the Prime Contracts or Commitments tool (depending on the type of change order you are editing). You can also edit a change order from the Change Orders tab under the Commitments and Prime Contracts tool.
- In order to edit a change order that is not the most recently approved change order, you will have to find the most recently approved change order and work backwards changing each change order's status to 'Draft' until you find the change order you want to edit. If you are unable to edit a change order, see Why am I unable to edit a change order?
- Navigate to the project's Change Orders tool.
- Click the Prime Contracts or Commitments tab.
- Locate the change order to edit. Then click View.
- Click Edit.
Note: Due to the status of the change order and/or other items that the change item may be associated with, you may only be able to edit certain fields. See Why am I unable to edit a change order?
- Update the change order. To learn about the different fields, see Create a Prime Contract Change Order (PCCO) or Create a Commitment Change Order (PCCO).
- Click Save.