To edit a change order.
The Project level Change Orders tool was designed to provide you with quick access to your project's change orders:
- The 'Prime Contracts' tab lists any prime contracts with change orders on your project.
- The 'Commitments' tab list any purchase orders or subcontracts with change orders on your project.
If you want to edit a change order, you can click its link in the 'Contract' or '#' column of either tab. This opens the contract in view mode in the appropriate Procore Project Financials tool.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' level permissions on the project's Change Orders tool.
- Additional Information:
- Editing a change order will take you out of the Change Orders tool and redirect you to the Prime Contracts or Commitments tool (depending on the type of change order you are editing). You can also edit a change order from the Change Orders tab under the Commitments and Prime Contracts tool.
- In order to edit a change order that is not the most recently approved change order, you will have to find the most recently approved change order and work backwards changing each change order's status to 'Draft' until you find the change order you want to edit. If you are unable to edit a change order, see Why am I unable to edit a change order?
Select the Change Order to Edit
- Navigate to the project's Change Orders tool.
- Click the Prime Contracts or Commitments tab.
- Locate the change order to edit. Then click View.
This opens the purchase order, subcontract, or prime contract in the appropriate tool.
- To edit a purchase order or subcontract in the Commitments tool, you must have the permissions listed in Create a Commitment Change Order (CCO) or Create a Prime Contract Change Order (PCCO).
- To edit a prime contract in the Prime Contracts, you must have the appropriate permissions in the Prime Contracts tool. See Edit a Prime Contract.
- Depending on the change order's status (and/or other items associated with the change), you may not be permitted to edit certain fields. To learn more, see Why am I unable to edit a change order
- Follow the appropriate steps:
Edit a Commitment Change Order
Follow these steps to edit a change order for a purchase order or subcontract.
Edit a Prime Contract Change Order
Follow these steps to edit a change order for a prime contract.
- In the change order, click the Edit button.
- Modify the change order's data as needed. To learn about the different fields, see or Create a Prime Contract Change Order (PCCO).