To respond to an RFQ on behalf of an RFQ recipient.
If you have had correspondence with an RFQ recipient outside of Procore and have received their schedule or cost impact for the change event, you can respond to the RFQ from the Change Events tool on their behalf.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Standard' or 'Admin' on the project's Change Events tool and 'Standard' or 'Admin' on the Commitments tool.
- Added to the Privacy drop-down menu of the Commitment, and listed as an assignee of the RFQ.
- There are two different types of users who could respond to an RFQ. The subcontractor can respond to the RFQ, or a GC can respond to an RFQ on the behalf of a subcontractor (if they discussed the quote outside of Procore). See Respond to an RFQ as an RFQ Recipient.
- Only RFQs with the status Out for Pricing or Revise & Resubmit can be responded to.
Respond to an RFQ on Behalf of a Recipient
- Navigate to the Change Events tool.
- Click View next to the Change Event with the RFQ you wish to respond to.
Click the RFQs tab in the Change Events tool.
- Click View next to the RFQ you want to respond to.
- Click Respond in the banner that says an RFQ was sent for that change event.
- If there is a cost or schedule impact for the change, click Yes.
Note: If you click No, the RFQ status is automatically updated to Closed.
- You can then fill out the same fields that the subcontractor would see.
- Quote Amount: Enter in the quoted amount for the change.
- Schedule Impact:If known, you provide an estimate of the number of additional days that would be added to the project schedule due to the change.
- Comments: Add additional comments regarding the pricing quote or schedule impact.
- Attachments/Details: Attach relevant documents or files.
- When you are done, click Post Response.
(Note: Once the response is posted, the status is automatically updated to "Under Review". The response will show up in a few different places: within the RFQ in the RFQ Response section, within the RFQ section of the Change Event, and within the RFQ subtab of the Change Event.)