To respond to an RFQ on behalf of an RFQ recipient.
If you have had correspondence with an RFQ recipient outside of Procore and have received their schedule or cost impact for the change event, you can respond to the RFQ from the Change Events tool on their behalf.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Standard' or 'Admin' on the project's Change Events tool and 'Standard' or 'Admin' on the Commitments tool.
- Added to the Privacy drop-down menu of the Commitment, and listed as an assignee of the RFQ.
- There are two different types of users who could respond to an RFQ. The subcontractor can respond to the RFQ, or a GC can respond to an RFQ on the behalf of a subcontractor (if they discussed the quote outside of Procore). See "Respond to an RFQ as an RFQ Recipient" in the See Also section below.
- Only RFQs with the status Out for Pricing or Revise & Resubmit can be responded to.
Respond to an RFQ on Behalf of a Recipient
- Navigate to the Change Events tool.
- Locate the desired change event line item and click the link in the RFQ column to navigate to the RFQ. If the RFQ has not been responded to, the link will say "RFQ Sent." If the RFQ has been responded to but needs to be updated, the link will show the amount of the latest response.
Optional: Use the RFQ Status filter to filter by Out For Pricing or Revise & Resubmit. The Ball in Court will move to the RFQ Recipient/Assignee.
Click the RFQs tab in the Change Events tool. Locate the desired change event and click the RFQ number link and navigate to the RFQ.
Optional: Use the RFQ Status filter to filter by Out for Pricing or Revise & Resubmit. The Ball in Court will move to the RFQ Recipient/Assignee.
Optional: If an RFQ has been created for a change event but not yet sent to the commitment, a banner will appear at the top of the RFQ screen with a link that will let you respond to the RFQ on behalf of the other party.
- When you are done, click Post Response.
Note: Once the response is posted, the status will automatically update to "Under Review." The response will show up in the following paces: within the RFQ in the Response section, within the RFQ column of the Change Event tool, and within the RFQ subtab of the Change Event.