How to edit your default project bidding configuration.
When a member of your project team creates a bidding package (see Create a Bid Package), the project's Bidding tool will pull the information for the bid package (such as the Bid Invitation Email, Bid Instructions, and Bid Submission Confirmation Message) from one of three places:
- Company Level Admin: If your company has set the configuration for the Bidding tool at the Company level, the configuration settings that you define will be used on all new projects. See Set the Default Company Bidding Configuration.
- Project Level Admin:
- If you want to edit the configuration settings of a specific project to customize the outgoing emails from the Bidding tool for a specific project office, see the Steps below.
- If your company has offices operating as subsidiaries of a specific division and you want your company's division information included in outgoing emails from the Bidding tool, send an email to your Procore point of contact to request to enable project office divisions. Then see the Steps below.
Things to Consider
- Navigate to the project's Admin tool.
- Under 'Tool Settings', click Bidding.
- Edit the text in the following fields:
- Project Information: Enter the project information that you would like the system to send to invited bidders.
- Bidding Instructions: Enter any instructions pertaining to your project's bidding process.
- Bid Submission Confirmation Message: Enter the confirmation message that you would like bidders to see when they submit a bid.
- In the 'Send Bid Documents from' drop-down menu, select one of the following:
- Company: Select this option to have the system send emails from your company.
- Project Office: Select this option to have the system send emails from your project office.
- Project Office Division: Select this option to have the system send emails from your project office division.
- The 'Project Office Division' option is only available upon request.
- If you are a user with 'Admin' level permission on the project's Admin and Bidding tools, send an email request to enable it to your Procore point of contact.
- Once enabled, a user must complete the steps in Add Office Locations to a Company and Associate Office Locations to a Project.
- Click Update.