How to edit your default project bidding configuration.
When a member of your project team creates a bidding package (see Create a Bid Package), the project's Bidding tool will pull the information for the bid package (e.g., the Bid Invitation Email, Bid Instructions, and Bid Submission Confirmation Message) from one of three places:
- Company Level Admin. If your company has set the configuration for the Bidding tool at the Company level, the configuration settings that you define will be used on all new projects. See Set the Default Company Bidding Configuration.
- Project Level Admin.
- If you want to edit the configuration settings a specific project to customize the outgoing emails from the Bidding tool for a specific project office, see the Steps below.
- If your company has offices operating as subsidiaries of a specific division, and you want your company's division information included in outgoing emails from the Bidding tool, send an email to your Procore point of contact to request to enable project office divisions. Then see the Steps below.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- 'Admin' level permission on the project's Admin tool.
- Navigate to the project's Admin tool.
This reveals the Admin page.
- Under Tab Configuration, click Bidding.
This opens a page that contains information that will be use with the project's Bidding tool.
- Edit any text as desired in the following boxes:
- Project Information. Enter the project information that you would like the system send to invited bidders. See Create a Custom Bid Email.
- Bidding Instructions. Enter any instructions pertaining to your project's bidding process.
- Bid Submission Confirmation Message. Enter the email message that you would like the system to send bidders, to confirm receipt of their bid.
- In the Send Bid Documents drop-down, select one of the following:
- Company. Select this option to have the system send emails from your company.
- Project Office. Select this option to have the system send emails from your project office.
- Project Office Division. Select this option to have the system send emails from your project office division.
- For the 'Project Office Division' option to appear, a user with 'Admin' level permission to the Bidding and Project level Admin tools must send an email to your Procore point of contact to enable project office divisions.
- A user must also complete the steps in Add Office Locations to a Company and Associate Office Locations to a Project.
- Click Update.
This saves the configuration for the project's Bidding tool.