To add a project to a program (i.e. project group) that has been created in your company's Procore account.
A project is a construction effort with a defined start and end date with specific goals and objectives that, when obtained, signify completion of the project. A program is a group of related construction projects that provide your organization with benefits from managing projects as a group, over managing projects individually. There are countless ways to organize your company's projects into programs, such as:
- Region. For example, you might create programs for the four (4) regions of the U.S., such as 'Northeast', 'Midwest', 'South', and 'West.'
- Sector. For example, you might create programs for the different construction sectors, such as 'Buildings', 'Infrastructure', and 'Industrial.'
- Project Management. For example, you might create programs for 'Internal Projects' and 'External Projects'.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- To add projects to programs, 'Admin' level permission on the project's Admin tool.
- To view programs, 'Read-Only' level permission or higher to the Programs tool and access permission to the project.
- A project an only be associated with one (1) program. It cannot be assigned to multiple programs.
- Additional Information:
- To see which projects are currently assigned to a program, navigate to the company's Admin tool. Then click the "+" icon to the right of the program name. The "Projects Assigned to this [program name]" section will appear with a list of assigned projects.
- When you add a new program, it will only show up in your company's Programs tool once a project has been associated with that program.
Image content may not accurately reflect the current state of the system, and/or it may be out of date.