To measure the distance between objects in the project's Models tool using the Procore app on an iOS mobile device.
The Measure Mode in the Models tool allows you to automatically calculate distances between two objects and examine them in the context of the model. This is beneficial if you need to measure and validate work, or determine how much clearance exists between two objects.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Read Only' or 'Admin' permissions to the Models tool.
- Additional Information:
- You can select from different units of measurements in the Measurement section of the tool's settings. See Settings: Models (iOS).
- At least one model must have been published to the Procore project. See Publish a Model to Procore.
- Navigate to the Models tool on the Procore app using an iOS mobile device.
- Tap the model you want to open.
Note: If you have not downloaded the model to your device yet, tap Download. See Download or Remove Models from a Device (iOS).
- Tap Measure.
- Tap the two objects you want to measure between.
- Procore automatically calculates the shortest distance between objects. If the objects have more than one distance between them, multiple measurements will be shown.
Note: If you are measuring complex objects, the calculation can take some time.
- Optional: To view the measurements and objects from different perspectives, drag your finger on the screen to orbit around.
- If you want to measure other objects, tap Restart.
- When you are done measuring objects, tap Done.