Table of Contents
Welcome to the Integration by Ryvit Setup Guide
On these pages, we will walk through a number of key things to know as you prepare for and complete your implementation of the Integration by Ryvit for Viewpoint® Vista™.
If you have questions, be sure to direct them to your Integration Implementation Specialist or your Procore point of contact.
The navigation menu to the left will walk you through each of the key things to know and will highlight action items required of you.
Setting up Procore's Authentication Access to Your Integration by Ryvit Tenant
Purpose & Background
Providing Procore authentication access to your Integration by Ryvit Tenant is one of the first key steps and must be completed before Procore can begin to setup your integration.
Create User in Viewpoint® Vista™:
- In Viewpoint® Vista™, go to User Security>User Management>Users
- Click the “Add New Record” button.
- Enter a Login (“Procore” as an example)
- Create your own Password. IMPORTANT - SAVE THE PASSWORD IN A SECURE LOCATION. Procore will be using this password to establish Authorization between Procore and Viewpoint® Vista™ Construction using our Connector Platform.
- No need to enter a User Type or Linked Entity.
- Enter a First Name and Last Name (“Procore Admin” as an example)
- Email: Enter any email address. It does not have to be a valid email address.
- Allow Password Recovery; Allow Password Changes; Password Never Expires should be checked.
- ROLES: Make sure “MYOBAdvancedSupport” and “Administrator” are checked.
- Click “Save”
Planning Your Integration Implementation
After purchasing the Procore + Integration by Ryvit integration, this phase includes:
- Receive the Welcome Email & Schedule Kick-Off Call
Procore assigns your account to a Integration Implementation Specialist, who sends a Welcome Email to your company's designated ERP Implementation Contact. The email contains a selection of dates/time for scheduling your Kick-Off call. Please reply back to either confirm or suggest a time that works for the required members on your team.
- Prepare for the Kick-Off Call
Prior to this meeting, please complete these tasks to ensure that your Integration Implementation Specialist can test our access to Integration by Ryvit before the call and escalate any issues:
- Complete the steps within the Setting Up Procore's Authentication Access to Your Integration by Ryvit Environment section of this guide
- Procore will need to know the Format (Max Length, Length, Segment and Format) for the following entities:
- Cost Code Format
- Setting up Connected Applications and Customization Project.
- User will be provided instructions on how to setup the Connected Application with Integration by Ryvit as well as instructions on how to setup and publish the Customization Project.
After scheduling your company's Kick-Off call, this phase includes:
- Procore + Integration by Ryvit Kick-Off Call
Approximately 60 Minutes
Procore conducts a Kick-Off Call with your company's ERP Implementation Contact and designated stakeholders (i.e., typically this your company's Procore Administrator, Integration by Ryvit Administrator, and IT Administrator). The goals of this call are to:
- Discuss your Procore + Integration by Ryvit implementation plan.
- Provide your attendees with an overview of the Procore + Integration by Ryvit integration.
- Coordinate any follow-up tasks related to your implementation plan.
- Schedule your Go-Live Call.
- Procore + Integration by Ryvit Go-Live Call
Approximately 60-90 Minutes
Procore conducts a Go-Live call with your company's ERP Implementation Contact and designated stakeholders. The goal of this call is to ensure the completion of these tasks:
- Review the ERP Integrations tool's configuration settings.
- Provide an overview of each tab in the ERP Integrations tool.
- Getting Started with Procore + Integration by Ryvit
After the implementation is complete, you can begin using the integration. You can also contact to your Procore Integration Implementation Specialist for the next 30 days.
Change Management & the Accounting Approver Role
When your integration is activated, you're organization will gain access to a new tool in Procore: the ERP Integrations Tool. In this tool, you will manage the flow of information between Procore and Integration by Ryvit.
Using this tool to manage integrated data will be the most significant difference between Procore with and without the Integration by Ryvit Connector. You will have to provide your Integration Implementation Specialist with a list of the users who will have access to this tool, called accounting approvers, and the specific integration features that each user should manage (e.g., one accounting approver may be allowed to send commitments and invoices to ERP, and another may be allowed to only send commitments).
- For more information on the accounting approver role, see What is the accounting approver role?
- To see the integration features for which you can allow/decline access for accounting approvers, see the up-to-date Feature Map in the Integration by Ryvit About Page.
In addition to the accounting approvers, you may also choose to give users at your organization access to the ERP Integrations tool in a view-only capacity.