How do I resolve the "A commitment with code already exists" Error when Exporting to ERP
Commitments will fail to export from Procore to Sage 300 CRE® if an existing commitment with the same code already exists in the hh2 database. This can arise if a commitment was created directly in Sage 300 CRE® even if it is later deleted. Follow the instructions below to remedy the issue.
1. Determine if the commitment exists in Sage 300 CRE®
- In Sage 300 CRE® Job Cost, navigate to Tasks.
- Select Commitments (you may have a custom label such as Subcontracts, POs, etc)
- Press F4 on the keyboard or click the List button
- Type in the commitment ID.
- If the ID does not exist in the list, it has been deleted. Contact Support to clear the data from your hh2 database so it can be re-exported
2. if the commitment exists in Sage 300 CRE®
- If it is a duplicate of the commitment you're attempting to export from Procore, delete the commitment from Sage 300 CRE® Job Cost.
- Once deleted from Sage, contact Support to clear the data from your hh2 database and from Procore.
- Once ERP Support has cleared the data, the Commitment can be re-exported from Procore.
- If the commitment ID is in use on a different commitment that you wish to keep, use a new unique commitment ID to export your commitment from Procore. The best practice is to change the ID on the Procore commitment, but the integration supports using a different commitment ID when exporting from the Ready to Export page.
If these steps do not resolve your issues, please contact Support with details of which error you have been receiving and which steps you have already tried along with the exact outcome.