To set up the abbreviation mappings that are used to auto-fill drawing disciplines when uploading new drawings.
When you upload drawings into Procore, you may notice that the drawing discipline field is automatically pre-filled with the correct drawing discipline. (e.g Architectural, Civil, Electrical etc.) By default, there are several abbreviations that are mapped to the most common industry standard disciplines. However, you can customize the default abbreviation mappings or add custom ones, as needed, on a per project basis.
Default Drawing Discipline Abbreviation Mappings
- A - Architectural
- C - Civil
- E - Electrical
- F - Fire Protection
- G - General
- GA - Garage Architectural
- GE - Garage Electrical
- GM - Garage Mechanical
- GP - Garage Plumbing
- GS - Garage Structural
- H - HVAC
- I - Interior
- L - Landscape
- M - Mechanical
- P - Plumbing
- Q - Equipment
- R - Resource
- S - Structural
- T - Telecommunications
- X - Other
- Z - Contractor / Shop Drawings
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission: 'Admin' on the project's Drawings tool.
- Abbreviation mappings are project-specific settings and can be changed at any time, which will affect any newly uploaded drawings. Changes will not affect previously uploaded drawings.
- Abbreviation mappings are not case sensitive.
- Abbreviation mappings will only affect new drawings that uploaded into a project. If a drawing is a revision of a previously uploaded drawing, it will inherit the previous version's discipline.
- An abbreviation can only be mapped to a single drawing discipline.
- Add additional abbreviation mappings, as necessary. For example, if you want to use 'H' for "Hazardous Materials" instead of "HVAC" you can change the default abbreviation mapping from 'H' to 'HV' and then create a new discipline mapping for 'H' that maps to the "Hazardous Materials" discipline.
- Navigate to your project's Drawings tool.
- Click the Configure Settings icon.
- Click the Discipline Abbreviation Setup button in the right pane.
- Double-click on the discipline name or abbreviation to modify an existing entry or add new abbreviations, as needed.
- Click +Add.
- Changes are automatically saved, so you can return to the Drawing log when you're done.