To upload a fillable PDF at the Company level to be used as a custom template in the Forms tool.
Creating custom form templates at the Company level allows you to easily use the same or similar templates across your projects without having to upload them each time. 'Admin' level users can upload a preexisting custom form template in the form of a fillable PDF that team members can fill out and store on Procore. However, changes made to the form at the Project level will not sync to the Company level, and are therefore not refrenceable outside of that project.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- 'Admin' level permissions on the Company Admin tool.
- Custom form templates must have the .PDF file name extension and be converted to a fillable PDF Form. See How do I create a fillable PDF?.
- Additional Information:
- Once a custom form template is added to the Company level, users can add it a specific project within the Forms tool.
- If you intend to use signature fields in your fillable PDFs, please note that any signature fields must be added manually when preparing the fillable PDF. If the signature fields are automatically generated by your chosen software, they may not be interpreted as signature fields by third-party apps such as Procore.
- Note: When preparing a fillable PDF with Adobe Acrobat, leave the option 'This document requires signatures' unchecked.
Video content may not accurately reflect the current state of the system, and/or it may be out of date.
- Navigate to the Company level Admin tool.
This reveals the Company Settings page.
- Click the Form Template Configuration page in the right pane.
- Click New Form Template.
- Enter the following fields:
- Name: Enter the name of the form. This field will be searchable, and it will appear on the list page of the Project level Forms tool once users fill out the form.
- Description: (Optional) Enter a brief description that outlines the purpose, content, and/or audience of this form.
- Form PDF: Drag and drop the fillable PDF (See What is a fillable PDF?) from your computer to the gray box, or click the Attach File link.
- Upload a file from your computer: Select a fillable PDF from your local computer to upload into Procore.
- Select a file from Procore: Select a fillable PDF from the Company level Documents tool.
- Click Create.