To import an original estimate from CMiC into Procore's Budget tool using the CMiC.
If you have created an original estimate in CMiC and want to import that data into the Budget tool on your company's Procore project, you can use the CMiC. After a successful import, you can then update the budget in Procore. If you would prefer to update the budget in CMiC, you must unlock the budget in Procore (see Unlock a Budget). Then follow the steps in Re-import an Original Estimate from CMiC into Procore.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- 'Standard' permission or higher on the ERP Integrations tool.
- The original estimate must be posted in CMiC prior to performing the import.
- The Budget tool must be enabled on your Procore project. See Add and Remove Project Tools.
- The CMiC job must be added and synced with your Procore project. See CMiC: Add a CMiC Job to Procore.
- The project's budget must be unlocked. See Unlock a Budget.
- The ERP Integrations tool does NOT sync 'Unit of Measure (UOM)' and 'Unit Qty' values between systems (see Which units of measure are included on Procore's master list?). Currently, the Budget sync is amount-based only. This means you must manually enter the units in both Procore and in your intergrated ERP system.
- Additional Information:
- If a Cost Code/Cost Type combination exists on the job in CMiC, its cost estimate must be greater than zero (>$0) in order to create a budget line item in Procore using the CMiC
- Any updates on the original estimate that have been entered in CMiC will be moved to Procore during the import (or re-import) process with the CMiC.
- Navigate to the company's ERP Integrations tool.
- Click the Budgets tab.
- Under Ready to Import, locate the synced original estimate that you want to import into Procore. Then click Import.
- If the Import button is grayed out, hover over the button to reveal a tooltip showing the reason it is unavailable.
- Ensure the budget is unlocked. See Unlock a Budget.
If the project already has an existing item in the budget, choose one of the following options in the Warning message that appears:
Override Existing Line Items. Choose this option if you want to override the line items that exist in the Budget tool with the line items being imported from CMiC by the CMiC.
Keep Existing Line Items And Additional Cost Estimates. Choose this option if you want to keep all of the existing budget line in the project's Budgets tool and also want to add any additional cost estimates from CMiC (which have been assigned to cost code/categories and do not yet exist in Procore).
(Note: If you need to review the budget in order to choose an option, click the PDF button to review the existing line items).
Make your selection and click Import.
Note: Depending on the size of the original estimate and the speed of your network connection, it may take several minutes to import the original estimate from CMiC. An "Importing…Please be patient, this may take a few minutes." message appears.
Navigate to the project's Budget tool and verify that the import was successful.