To create a change event from an RFI on your Android mobile device.
Creating a change event allows you to prepare for the cost of a change before it becomes an actual cost. For example, if a project manager is anticipating the need to change the paint colors of a project, he or she can start preparing for that cost by creating a change event, which describes the estimated financial cost of the change, as well as which cost codes will be affected. After creating a change event, they can then create an RFQ (Request for Quote), which is sent to the appropriate subcontractors for pricing. When RFQs are created and responded to by the assigned subcontractors, change orders can then be created based upon the submitted quote.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission: 'Standard' or 'Admin' on the Change Events tool and 'Standard' or 'Admin' on the project's RFIs tool.
- Navigate to the RFIs tool on your Android device.
- Tap the RFI from which you want to create a change event.
- Tap the vertical ellipsis (⋮) button.
- Tap Create Change Event from RFI.
- Tap to fill out the following fields:
- Title: Provide a descriptive title for the change event. The change event's subject is displayed as the title in the list view.
- Status:Select Open, Closed, or Void to indicate the status of the change event.
- Open: This is the default status when you first create a change event. This indicates that the change event is active, and users can manage items within the event (RFQs, Budget Modifications, Commitment PCOs, and Prime PCOs).
- Closed: Set the change event to this status once all necessary change orders and RFQs have been created and the event is considered complete.
- Void: Set the change event to this status if no change came from the event. Setting the change event as void is an alternative to deleting the change event as a record will be kept on the log page for future reference.
- Pending: Set the change event to Pending if the change event requires approval before it can be closed out.
Note: If you mark a change event as Void, that change event will be hidden on the Change Events Log page. To view voided events, select 'Void' or 'All (Include Void)' from the Status list under Filters on the Change Events log page.
- Type: Select TBD, Allowance, Contingency, Owner Change, or Transfer to indicate the type of cost you are preparing for.
- Scope: Select In Scope if the cost is covered in the original contract. Select Out of Scope if the cost was not covered in the contract, signifying that the change order will likely be submitted to the client as an additional cost.
- Amount (ROM): A ROM is the numeric estimation of what the cost could be and has no financial impact on any of the other tools in Procore.
Note: The ROM shows up as its own column in the Prime Contract PCO list when creating a Prime PCO.
- Description: Describe the event that may result in a change in costs.
- Add Attachment: Add a file or photo by tapping to select one of the following options:
- Choose File:
- Tap the hamburger (≡) button icon to select the location from which you would like to upload a file or photo.
- Tap the file or photo(s) you would like to attach.
- Choose from Procore: Tap to select an existing photo in Procore.
- Tap the Procore album from which you want to add a photo.
- Tap the photo you want to add.
- Tap OK.
- Camera: Tap to take a photo to add to the inspection.
- Position your device's camera and tap the shutter release button to capture the photo.
- Tap Next.
- Optional: Tap the markup icon () to access the markup tool bar and add shapes, lines, and text to the photo.
- Tap Done.
- Choose File:
- Tap Save.