To send a Prime Potential Change Order (PCO) to a Procore user by email.
A potential change order outlines the alterations that may need to be made to the current contract requirements and amounts. After you create a PCO, use the steps below to send the PCO to another Procore user by email. Typically, the recipient of this email will be the person responsible for approving the PCO. This gives that recipient the ability to reply back to the email with a message that either confirms that the potential change order is approved or rejected. Any email replies to this message are captured and stored in the Emails tab of the change order.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' level permissions on the project's Prime Contracts tool.
- Additional Information:
- The project's Prime Contracts tool must be configured for 2- or 3-tier change orders. See Configure the Number of Prime Contract Change Order Tiers and What are the different change order tiers?
- The PCO that you want to email must exist. See Create a Prime Potential Change Order.
- Navigate to the project's Prime Contracts tool.
- Locate the prime contract that contains the PCO that you want to send by email. Then click View.
- Click the Change Orders tab.
- Open the PCO you want to email by clicking View.
- Click Email.
- Complete the following:
- To. Enter the name of the user you would like to email forward the change order to.
- CC. Enter the name of any users who would like to be copied on the email.
- Private. Check the box so that only users with 'Admin' permissions or those in the email distribution can view the email.
- Subject. Verify the subject. Procore populates this field automatically with the change order data. You can edit the subject as you want.
- Attachments. Attach any relevant documents or files.
- Message. Enter a message in the field.
- Click Send.
Any responses to the message appears in the Emails tab in the change order.