To conduct a single search to locate all occurrences of specific text on drawings in the project.
You might want to search through the text of all drawings in a project for occurrences of a specific term. Instead of having to manually look through each drawing individually, you can enter a keyword or phrase in the Search bar, and Procore will show a list of drawings with the search term highlighted on each drawing for easy review.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Read-only' and above permissions on the Drawings tool.
- Additional Information:
- Procore is only able to search vector text on the drawing PDFs. Text in other formats will not return search results. See What is the difference between raster and vector content in PDFs?
- Text within drawing markups (e.g. text box markups, linked items) are not included in the search.
- If your project uses Drawing Areas, you will only be able to search drawings in one area at a time. See What are Drawing Areas?
- If you want to search through drawing titles or numbers, see Search for and Filter Drawings.
- Navigate to the project's Drawings tool.
- Enter a keyword or phrase in the Search bar that you want to search drawings for.
Note: Your search does not have to be exact in order for Procore to find results on drawings. For example, if you type "schedule", Procore may display results for "schedules" as well.
Tip! If you want to search only drawing titles or numbers, enter "title:" or "number:" in the search bar before your search term. See Search for and Filter Drawings.
- Click the magnifying glass icon or press ENTER or RETURN on your keyboard to initiate the search.
Note: A list of drawings that contain the search term are revealed, and the number of results found are displayed under each drawing title. Results found within the drawing title or number are highlighted.
- Click Open on the drawing you want to view.
Note: The search term is highlighted wherever it exists on the drawing for easy review.
- The search panel in the viewer lists all drawings that contain the search term.
- Click on a drawing thumbnail in the search results to view another drawing where the text was found.
- Click X to exit the viewer.
Note: The page returns to the search results in the drawings list.
- Click X in the Search bar to return to all drawings.