To link observations to a drawing.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Read only' and above on the project's Drawings tool can add markups to their Personal layer.
- 'Standard' and 'Admin' users can publish personal markups to the Published layer. See What is the difference between personal and published markups?
- Navigate to the project's Drawings tool.
- Click Open next to the drawing you want to mark up.
Note: You can also click Info next to the drawing, then click Open in Viewer / Markup.
- Click the Markup icon.
- Click the Obs icon from the Markup toolbar. See Mark Up a Drawing.
Note: Obs is short for observations.
- Click on the drawing where you'd like to place the observation.
- In the Link an Observation box, begin typing to search for the observation you want to add.
Tip: Double-click to bring up a list of all the observations in the project that you have access to.
- Click the observation that you want to add to the drawing.
Note: The color of the observation pin will depend on the status of the observation selected.
- Blue: Initiated
- Yellow: Ready for Review
- Red: Not Accepted
- Gray: Closed
- Once the observation is complete, the tag will represent the number of the item.
Note: You may not move the icon once you've published the observation for everyone on the project to see on the published layer.