To send files and folders in the Documents tool to other users by email.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- Users with 'Standard' and 'Admin' level permissions for the company's Documents tool can email files and folders.
- Users with 'Standard' and 'Admin' level permissions for the project's Documents tool can email project-specific files and folders.
- These permission levels apply to both the company's and project's Documents tool. (Note: permission levels are tool-specific. For example, you can have Read Only level permissions on the company's Documents tool and 'Admin' level permissions on a project's Documents tool. Please keep this in mind when you are looking to tasks at different levels.)
- Files and folders that are emailed from Procore's Documents tool are sent to recipients using a designated company-specific email address. (e.g. email@example.com) However, the name of the sender (e.g. John Doe) will match the person who performed the email action in Procore.
- Emails are marked as "private" by default, which means that only 'Admin' users and designated email recipients (and sender) will be able to view a record of the email under a file or folder's Email Log Report.
- "Private" emails are ideal for documenting and saving sensitive email correspondences in Procore while maintaining privacy settings to ensure that the record of the sent files/folders remains hidden from other users on a project.
- You can only email files/folders to contacts or distribution groups that exist in the directory in order to prevent documents from being shared with external users. At the Project level, you are restricted to users and groups that reside in your Project Directory. Files and folders can be emailed to any user in the directory even if he/she has 'None' access on your project's Documents tool.
- Email recipients can reply to the email directly from their inbox. Any attachments to the reply email will be included along with the body of the email message. Email replies will create new entries in the email's log.
- Mobile: Supported on iOS and Android devices.
You may email files from your computer and from Procore, and photos and drawings from Procore.
- Navigate to the company's or project's Documents tool.
- Using your file tree on the left, select the file, files, or folder you wish to email. (Note: You can also browse and attach additional files under the "Attachments" section).
- Click the Email button on the right of your screen.
- Fill out the email form to specify who will be emailed the document(s).
- To: From the drop-down menu, select the user(s) or groups who will receive the document email.
- CC: (Optional) Use the CCfield to include other users and keep them informed. You (the person sending out the email) will automatically be CC'ed on the email to ensure that you will also receive an email if people reply to the email.
- Private: Check this box if you would like your email to only be viewable by 'Admin' users and the specified recipients of the email. Subject: This field will automatically be populated with "FW: [Folder or File]: [Folder or file name]" however, you can manually change the "Subject" line accordingly.
- Attachments: If you wish, you may attach additional files that were previously uploaded to Procore or are locally stored on your computer. The files in the folder or the file you selected will automatically be linked in the email. Preview thumbnails of attached files will not be shown.
- Message: Add a message in the body of the email.
- Click Send.
If you were CC'd on the email, you should have received an email in your inbox similar to the following example. Notice that the email address that is used to send the email (e.g. Tipton_Industries@apps.procore.com) is a unique email address that PRocore created for you based upon the name of your Procore account. If you wish to change the prefix of the email address (e.g. Tipton_Industries), please contact your Procore point of contact and request a change.
- Recipients can either download files using the hyperlink in the email or click the "View online" text link to view the document in Procore's web application.
Tracking the Email with the Email Log
- An Email Log is displayed for each folder or file to keep a historical record of when the asset was emailed to the users from within the project's Documents tool. (Note: The Email Log automatically hides email correspondence records from users who were not on an email's distribution list for "private" document transfers. However, 'Admin' users can see the uncensored email log even if they were not included on the email's distribution list.)
- From this view, you can initiate a new email with the file/folder by clicking on the link, you may export the data as a PDF, view the email string, and download any attachments.