To edit a correspondence item using the project's Correspondence tool.
Users with 'Admin' level permission on the project's Correspondence tool can edit all project correspondences. Users with 'Standard' level permission can only edit the correspondences that they created or to which they have been assigned.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- To edit any correspondence, 'Admin' permission on the project's Correspondence tool.
- To edit a correspondence that you created, 'Standard' or 'Admin' permissions on the Correspondence tool.
- Additional Information:
- Correspondence type custom status, such as 'Due Date' and 'Status', can be quickly modified from the correspondence type's project level advanced settings page. See Configure Advanced Settings: Correspondence.
- When a correspondence is in 'Closed' status, the system will no longer send automated email notifications for that correspondence.
- Navigate to the project's Correspondence tool.
- Click Edit next to the correspondence item you want to modify.
- Modify the task's General Information by clicking into the following fields:
Note: An asterisk (*) denotes a required field.
- Number: This is the unique number to identify this correspondence item. The prefix and number will display in the correspondence in the list view, when linked to other tools, as well as any other location where the correspondence item is listed.
- *Status: Select one of the following options:
Closed: The correspondence has been closed.
Open: The correspondence is open.
Custom Status: You can select a custom status. (See create a custom status)
Note: You cannot select items in Draft status.
Subject: The subject is a title of the correspondence item which will display in the correspondence in the list view, when linked to other tools, as well as any other location where the correspondence item is listed.
Assignees: Assign responsibility for responding to a general correspondence to one or more project team members from the users in the Directory. Add users with 'Read-Only' level permissions or higher to the distribution list. Depending on the user's permission level, they can respond to the correspondence.
Due Date: Enter or select a date from the calendar for the response to be due. This field is only visible and available to users with 'Admin' level permissions on the project's correspondence tool.
Location: Select the location pertaining to the correspondence from the drop-down list.
Note: If Procore is configured to allow users to create locations (see Allow or Disallow Users to Create Locations Within a Tool), you can click the Create a New Location button at the bottom of the list.
Private: Select Private to make the correspondence private. Private correspondences are only visible to the correspondence's creator, the user listed in Received From, the users listed in Assignees, the users listed in Distribution, and users with company or project level 'Admin' permissions.
- Users who belong to the same companies as the users listed on the item can also view private items if the General Correspondence type has the granular permission of 'View Private Items Accessible to Users within Same Company' enabled.
- Reach out to your Procore point of contact if you wish for Private correspondence items to be hidden from users with 'Admin' level permissions at the company or project level, ensuring they will not have the ability to view or respond to private items unless they are specifically included on the correspondence item. (If your company is based in Australia or New Zealand, this additional level of privacy will be enabled by default).
- You can always see who has permissions to private items via the 'Permissions' tab when viewing a correspondence item.
Received From: Similar to 'CC' on emails, add people who are not directly responsible, but should be aware of this General Correspondence. Add users with 'Read-Only' level permissions or higher to the distribution list. Depending on the user's permission level, they can respond to the correspondence.
Distribution: Add users with 'Read-Only level permission or higher to the distribution list. Depending on the user's permission level, they can respond to the correspondence.
Description: Provide details about the General Correspondence you want to communicate.
Attachments: Attach the applicable files you want to include in your communication of this General Correspondence.
- Click Save.