To add a change event line item to an unapproved Prime Potential Change Order.
If you have two tiers configured for change orders, you will add a change event line item to an unapproved Potential Change Order (PCO). You will then create the PCCO from the Prime Contract tool. For more information, see "What are the different change order tiers?" in the See Also section below. We recommend that a PCO is created only for change event items that were set as out of scope and will be submitted to the client/owner for approval. You can create a PCO either before or after the RFQ has been responded to. If you wait until after the RFQ has been responded to, the PCO Schedule of Values will populate with amounts from the RFQ.
When you create a PCO, the schedule of values will populate with the Revenue ROM values. If you have the Revenue ROM functionality hidden, the value will depend on the scope of the change event. For “In Scope” or “TBD” scope change events, the PCO will populate with $0. For “Out of Scope” change events, the PCO will populate from the RFQ if the status of that RFQ is "Pending Final Approval”. If there is no RFQ with that status, it will populate from the Cost ROM.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission: 'Admin' level permissions on the project's Change Events tool and 'Admin' level on the Prime Contract tool.
- You can only add change event line items to prime potential change order that do not have the status of 'Approved.'
- Navigate to the project's Change Events tool.
- Select the change event line items you want to add to an unapproved prime potential change order.
Note: You can select line items across multiple change events.
- From the Bulk Actions drop-down menu, select Add to Unapproved Prime PCO.
- Select the unapproved prime potential change order you want to add the change event line item to.
Note: Additional Schedule of Values line items will be created from the change event line items.