To integrate Procore construction projects using Procore's QuickBooks® Online Connector.
QuickBooks® Online is only available in the US at this time.
Feature Set Map
The Procore + QuickBooks® Online connector is only available in the US at this time.
|Exports data from Procore to QuickBooks® Online||Imports data from QuickBooks® Online to Procore||
|PROJECT WBS CODES1||ITEMS (SERVICES)|
|DIRECT COSTS||BILLS / EXPENSES / VENDOR CREDITS / CREDIT CARD CREDITS|
|SUBCONTRACTOR INVOICES 3||BILLS|
|COMMITMENT PAYMENTS ISSUED 4
1 Custom WBS Segments ARE supported with the QuickBooks® Online connector.
2 Procore does not export 'Customers' data to QuickBooks® Online.
3 Subcontractor invoices with negative values do not sync between systems.
4 Import of subcontractor payment records from QuickBooks® Online is only supported in US Editions. Export of payment records from Procore to QuickBooks® Online is only available to companies that license Procore Pay.
- Save time and labor by streamlining the approval process of time-sensitive tasks such as commitment invoices.
- Reduce human error by eliminating the need for manual, double-entry when transferring data from Procore to QuickBooks® Online.
- More efficient communication between Accounting and Project Management teams.
- Easy and instant access to QuickBooks® Online Job Costs by the Project Management team.
- Export Procore Project WBS Codes to create new Services in the QuickBooks® Online Products & Services list.
- Import QuickBooks® Online Projects to Procore.
- Export company records in Procore's Company Directory to QuickBooks® Online or create company records using your QuickBooks® Online vendors.
- Import your QuickBooks® Online job costing data to Procore's Direct Cost and Budget tools to track project spending.
- Company Administrator permissions to the Procore web application
- A compatible edition of QuickBooks® Online (see QuickBooks® Online Compatibility section below)
- Procore Financial Management Tools (including the Invoicing Tool if you want to sync invoice data)
- QuickBooks® Online Projects (Sub-Customers need to be converted to Projects in order to be used with the integration)
QuickBooks® Online Requirements
The QuickBooks® Online Connector supports these editions of QuickBooks® Online:
|Country||QuickBooks® Online Editions||Simple Start||Essentials||Plus||Advanced|
|United States||QuickBooks® Online|
The QuickBooks® Online Connector does not support these editions:
- QuickBooks® Online Simple Start
- QuickBooks® Online Essentials
- QuickBooks® Desktop Desktop (All editions)
Before your company starts using the QuickBooks® Online integration with Procore, first review the Integration Map above to learn about the available features. It is also important to be aware of the limitations listed below. Keep in mind that your company may have different requirements and processes, so there may be unique limitations in your environment not listed here. If you have questions, please send an email to your Procore point of contact.
- Designed for use only on new construction projects:
Projects that are in-progress or created before connection of the integration cannot be synced. Professional Services for assistance with integrating in-progress/pre-existing project records are available for an additional fee.
- Data from these Procore tools and items do NOT sync with QuickBooks® Online:
- Prime Contracts
- Prime Contract Change Orders (PCCOs)
- Owner Invoices and Payments
- Commitments (Subcontracts and Purchase Orders)
- The QuickBooks® Online integration does NOT support the following items:
- Single Tier Cost Codes
The QuickBooks® Online ERP Integration Standard Cost Codes in your Procore site must be in a 2 (or more) tier format.
- Sub Jobs
The sub job feature is NOT supported with the Procore + QuickBooks® Online integration. Sub jobs are disabled in Procore for QuickBooks® Online-integrated projects.
- QuickBooks® Online Items Other than 'Service'
Procore WBS strings will create QuickBooks® Online items designated with the type 'Service.'
- Multiple QuickBooks® Online Companies
A separate QuickBooks® Online company for each project is NOT supported. For each Procore company site, the integration is designed to support one (1) QuickBooks® Online company.
- Single Tier Cost Codes
If you have additional QuickBooks® Online companies that you would like to integrate with Procore, please reach out to your Procore point of contact to purchase additional Procore site(s) & associated QuickBooks® Online connector(s).
This table documents a list of commonly used QuickBooks® Online terms and its Procore equivalent.
|QuickBooks® Online Term||Procore Term|
|Item (Service)||Project WBS Code|
|Vendor Bill||Subcontractor Invoice / Commitment Invoice|