To add a category to the Material Catalogs in Procore Estimating.
When adding items to the Cost Catalog tool in Procore Estimating, you can choose to create a new category to organize items under. See What is the difference between a catalog, category, and item in the Cost Catalog? for more information.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- Standard' or 'Admin' level permissions on the Company level Cost Catalog tool.
- Navigate to your account in Procore Estimating.
- Click the Company Tools drop-down menu and select Cost Catalog.
- On the left side panel, locate the catalog you want to add a category to.
Note: Click the expand arrow icon to expand the contents of a catalog if needed.
- At the bottom of the catalog, click Add Category.
- Enter a name for the category.
- Click Add.