To edit root cause analysis fields in the Company level Admin tool.
In the Company level Admin tool, you can manage custom values for the fields Hazard, Contributing Condition, and Contributing Behavior. Team members can then view and select these customizable fields when creating an Observation or Incident. This feature allows users to configure values that are consistent with their internal policies and procedures or to be compliant with applicable regulatory requirements.
Things to Consider
- Required Permissions: Admin' level permission on the Company level Admin tool.
- If a value is currently in use on an observation or incident, then it cannot be deleted from the 'Root Cause Analysis' page in the company Admin tool.
- Important! You can only edit custom root cause analysis fields that have been added by you our your team members. Default fields cannot be edited but they can be deactivated.
- Navigate to the Company level Admin tool.
- Under "Project Settings," click Root Cause Analysis.
To Edit a Root Cause Analysis Field
- Click the field name you want to edit.
- Type the desired edits.
- Hit Enter, or click outside of the text box to save your changes.
Changes are automatically saved.
To Mark a Root Cause Analysis Field as Inactive
- Click the checkbox () next to the filed name or entire category you want to deactivate.
Note: An empty checkbox indicates that a field name is not active and cannot be selected by a team member at the project level. See image below.