Drawing uploads can fail if the file is encrypted, password protected, or corrupt, or if it's an outdated or unsupported PDF version. If your drawing upload fails, you may see an error message in the Upload Box.
Below are possible error messages and tips on resolving issues.
- We are unable to process the file you uploaded
- Your upload is not an Adobe 9.0+ compliant PDF
- If this error persists, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We are unable to process the file you uploaded
Explanation: This indicates there is an issue with the file.
- Option 1: Open the file in a PDF program such as Adobe Acrobat, then save the file as a PDF again. The process of opening and saving a file in a PDF viewer can sometimes resolve errors.
- Option 2: Open the file in a PDF viewer such as Preview on Mac, or Acrobat on PC or Mac. If the file is corrupt, an error message should appear. Corrupt files cannot be viewed and you will need to create or request a new version of the file to upload.
- Option 3: If you are still having issues with the file, Procore recommends requesting a new file from the design team for the project.
Your upload is not an Adobe 9.0+ compliant PDF
Explanation: The file could be an outdated PDF that needs to be updated before uploading to Procore.
- Option 1: Open the file in a PDF viewer such as Acrobat, then save the file again.
- Option 2: Using the "Microsoft Print to PDF" function in Bluebeam can resolve most errors. Follow the steps below:
- Open the file in Bluebeam.
- Click File > Print, or press CTRL + P (Windows) or COMMAND + P (Mac) on your keyboard.
- Select Microsoft Print to PDF from the drop-down menu next to Name.
- Click Advanced.
- Select Vector from the Printing Engine drop-down menu.
- Select Auto from the Print Data Type drop-down menu.
- Click OK.
- Click Print.
- Enter a filename for the new file.
Note: Make sure "PDF" is selected as the file type.
- Click OK.
- Upload the PDF to Procore.
If this error persists, please contact email@example.com
Explanation: This indicates there was a temporary issue while your file was being processed.
Possible Resolution: Please try uploading the file again. If the file still fails after 3 attempts, please contact our Support team for further assistance.