'Super Private' correspondence types offer view restrictions beyond basic Procore permission settings. When Super Private is turned on for a correspondence type and an item of that type is set to ‘Private’, the item is only viewable by the following users:
- The item’s creator (items with any status)
- Assignees (items with Open or Closed status only)
- Distribution Members (items with Open or Closed status only)
- Anyone added to the item's 'Received From' field (items with Open or Closed statuses only)
An exception is if 'View Private Items Accessible to Users within Same Company' granular permission is enabled on a user's permissions template. This granular permission gives additional viewing access to the following people:
- Users at the same company as the item's creator (items with Open or Closed status only)
- Users at the same company as an Assignee (items with Open or Closed status only)
- Users at the same company as a Distribution Member (items with Open or Closed status only)
- User at the same company as someone added to the 'Received From' field (items with Open or Closed statuses only)
Admin permissions are not enough to get view access to a Private item when Super Private is turned on. The Admin user must meet the qualifications above unless the setting 'Allow Admins to View Private Items' is turned on for that correspondence type.
Super Private view restrictions apply on the web application, mobile application, extracts, web hooks, and APIs.
Enabling Super Private
Procore customers in Australia and New Zealand have 'Super Private' turned on across all correspondence types by default. Other customers can turn this feature on during account implementation, the initial setup of the project's Correspondence tool, or later with the help of a Procore point of contact. Reach out to your Procore point of contact for more information about configuring this optional setting.