To re-import an original estimate from Viewpoint Vista into the project's Budget tool.
If your company has previously imported a budget from Viewpoint Vista into a Procore project, users will typically make budget modifications in Procore. Should someone make changes to the original estimate in Viewpoint Vista, it must be re-imported into Procore so that the data is synchronized between the two systems. To do this, use the steps below.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- 'Standard' level permission or higher on the ERP Integrations tool.
- The original estimate must be established in Viewpoint Vista prior to the import.
- The Budget tool must be enabled as an active tab on the project.
- The Viewpoint Vista job must be added and synced with the Procore project. See Add a Viewpoint Vista Job to Procore.
- The project's budget must be unlocked. See Unlock a Budget.
- Additional Information:
- If a Cost Code/Cost Type combination exists on the job in Viewpoint Vista, its cost estimate must be greater than zero (>$0) in order to create a budget line item in Procore.
- Any updates on the original estimate that have been entered in Viewpoint Vista will be moved to Procore during the import (or re-import) process.
- Navigate to the ERP Integrations tool.
The Viewpoint Vista page appears.
- Click the Budgets tab.
- Under Filter Estimates By, click Synced.
This reveals a list of successfully imported cost estimates from Viewpoint Vista.
- Locate the desired cost estimate.
- Each line item shows the Project Name and Total Estimate.
- The Total Estimate includes the Current Viewpoint Vista Total, Current Procore Total, and New Procore Total On Re-Import.
- Click Re-import.
Note: If the Re-import button is grayed out and unavailable, the budget must be unlocked before it can be re-imported. See Unlock a Budget.
- In the 'Please Confirm' box that appears, click OK to confirm the re-import action.
The system will override the existing value on the existing Procore budget with the value from Viewpoint Vista. The 'Successfully reimported to Procore' message appears when the process is complete.
- If you want to confirm that the Viewpoint Vista estimate was imported, click the hyperlink for the desired line item in the Project Name column.
This opens the project's Budget tool. See Budget.