Documents: New View-Only Mode for Microsoft Office 365® Files
This announcement represents a single point in time. Future releases may impact the information below.
Feature Announced: March 01, 2022 / Feature Released: March 10, 2022
Easily View Microsoft Office 365® Files from the Documents Tool
Procore has made a change to the Documents tool that allows users to view Microsoft files in the Microsoft Office 365 viewer without needing to sign in to an account. See View a File in Microsoft Office 365 (Project Level) or View a File in Microsoft Office (Company Level). Previously, only users with a Microsoft Office 365 account could open Office 365 files from the Documents tool, and the viewer automatically opened to Edit mode.
This new functionality provides the following advantages:
- A better viewing experience for users, especially for Excel files.
- The ability to view Powerpoint files.
- A view-only mode for all users with a separate Edit button for users with a Microsoft Office 365 account.
The new view-only mode is accessed from the same 'Open in...' button in the Documents tool that previously only allowed users with active licenses to open files in the integrated Microsoft 365 viewer. See image below for an example of the button for a Word file.
If you have an active Microsoft Office 365 license, you can click Edit in the viewer to make changes to the file. See the project level or company level tutorial for detailed steps.
- View a File in Microsoft Office 365 (Project Level) / View a File in Microsoft Office (Company Level)
- Open or Edit a File in Microsoft Office 365 (Project Level) / Open or Edit a File in Microsoft Office 365 (Company Level)
- How does the Office 365 integration in Procore's Documents Tool work?
- How do I sign in to Microsoft Office 365 in the Documents tool?
If you would like to ask questions or share any feedback, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.