To create a change event from an RFI on an iOS mobile device
Creating a change event allows you to prepare for the cost of a change before it becomes an actual cost. For example, if a project manager is anticipating the need to change the paint colors of a project, he or she can start preparing for that cost by creating a change event, which describes the estimated financial cost of the change, as well as which cost codes will be affected. After creating a change event, they can then create an RFQ (Request for Quote), which is sent to the appropriate subcontractors for pricing. When RFQs are created and responded to by the assigned subcontractors, change orders can then be created based upon the submitted quote.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission: 'Standard' or 'Admin' on the Change Events tool and 'Standard' or 'Admin' on the project's RFIs tool.
This asset/item can be viewed or edited in offline mode provided that the asset/item was previously viewed and cached on your mobile device.
- Navigate to the RFIs tool on your iOS mobile device.
- Tap the RFI from which you want to create a Change Event.
- Tap Share ().
- Tap Create Change Event.
- Tap into a field to enter the appropriate information:
- Origin: This field automatically populates with the name of the RFI.
- Title: Provide a descriptive title for the change event. The change event's subject is displayed as the title in the list view.
- Status:Select Open, Closed, or Void to indicate the status of the change event.
- Open: This is the default status when you first create a change event. This indicates that the change event is active, and users can manage items within the event (RFQs, Budget Modifications, Commitment PCOs, and Prime PCOs).
- Closed: Set the change event to this status once all necessary change orders and RFQs have been created and the event is considered complete.
- Void: Set the change event to this status if no change came from the event. Setting the change event as void is an alternative to deleting the change event as a record will be kept on the log page for future reference.
Note: If you mark a change event as Void, that change event will be hidden on the Change Events Log page. To view voided events, select 'Void' or 'All (Include Void)' from the Status list under Filters on the Change Events log page.
- Scope: Select In Scope if the cost is covered in the original contract. Select Out of Scope if the cost was not covered in the contract, signifying that the change order will likely be submitted to the client as an additional cost.
- Type: Select TBD, Allowance, Contingency, Owner Change, or Transfer to indicate the type of cost you are preparing for.
- Change Reason: Select a change reason from the drop-down menu. To learn how to configure change reasons, see Set Default Change Order Configuration.
- Amount (ROM): A ROM is the numeric estimation of what the cost could be and has no financial impact on any of the other tools in Procore.
Note: The ROM shows up as its own column in the Prime Contract PCO list when creating a Prime PCO.
- Description: Describe the event that may result in a change in costs.
- Add Attachment: To add a photo or file, tap to select from one of the following options:
Choose from Library: This will take you to the photos in your device's library. You can then select an image to add to the log.
Take photo: This will open your camera application so you can take a photo and directly add it to the log.
Browse: This will take you to saved and downloadable items available on your mobile device.
- Tap Save.