To link photos to a drawing on an iOS mobile device.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- To add markups to the Personal layer, 'Read only' and above on the project's Drawings tool.
- To publish personal markups to the Published layer, 'Standard' or 'Admin' on the project's Drawings tool. See What is the difference between personal and published markups?
- Additional Information:
- You will need the Photos tool on your account to add photos to drawings.
- Photos added to drawings will populate in the Photos tool under an album called "Photos from Drawings." An "Origin" field will populate on the photo, which will indicate that the photo was uploaded via the Drawings tool.
Note: Photo(s) from a markup will only show in the "Photos from Drawings" album if the markup is published.
- Choose to which album you want your photos to be added.
Note: If nothing is selected, the default location is an album called, "Photos from Drawings"
- Determine if you would like to mark all photos private by default in the Photos tool.
- You can view all photos you've added to drawings by navigating to the Photos tool and selecting the album titled "Photos from Drawings." See View Photos (iOS)
This asset/item can be viewed or edited in offline mode provided that the asset/item was previously viewed and cached on your mobile device.
- Navigate to the Drawings tool on an iOS mobile device.
- Tap the drawing to which you want to add photo(s).
- Tap Pin ( ) in the markup toolbar.
- Tap Photo ().
- Tap the location on the drawing where you want to place photos.
- Select from the following options:
- Choose from Procore: Tap this option to select an existing photo from your project's Photos tool. Once you've selected the desired photos, tap Save.
- Choose from Library: Tap this option to select a photo file from your mobile device's photos library. Once you've selected the desired photos, tap Save.
- Take Photo: Tap this option to take a new photo with your device's camera. Once you've finished taking the photo, you will be prompted to mark up the drawing. Tap Save.
- To publish, select the hand icon, tap the photos pin, and tap Publish. See What is the difference between personal and published drawing markups?
Note: You can move the camera icon around after you have added photos to your personal layer, but you cannot move the icon once you've published the photos for everyone on the project to see on the published layer.